BF x FEM!Reader

As soon as BF announced that he had a girlfriend, it pissed you off. 

You and BF were good friends, knowing each other since college, but you both dropped out due to stress. You both then got into the music industry, which eventually led to you both becoming a duo. Over the past year and a half or so, you felt like you were getting closer to him. Despite all of the flirtatious jokes he made towards you or others, it didn't make you too uncomfortable. He was a bit dumb, but you thought it was cute that he was a little confused about life situations because it gave you the opportunity to help him out with them. Yet after all this time, you thought you'd finally confess on the upcoming Friday, but it was too late.

On the day before, he called you, and you happily picked up. "Heyooo," you say in excitement from picking up the phone. "Hey dude, I got some good news," he says in a bit of a nervous tone. His voice has a higher pitch to it than how most people would expect it to have, but you didn't care. "Oh yeah?" You responded. "Yeah, so like, don't freak out or anything, ok?" You had a confused look on your face, "ok?" you reply laying down on your bed staring up at the ceiling waiting for a response. He started, "Ok ok, sooo ...

I have a girlfriend now ..."

You froze. Your heart skipped a bit and you felt a pit in your stomach. You tried to breathe and tell yourself it wasn't that big of a deal. 

"Congrats, dude!" You say trying to sound enthusiastic to hide your pain. "Yeeaaah, it's pretty cool, not gonna lie. She's really nice, a total baddie, and looooves music just like I do! We basically have a lot In common." You begin to tear up in jealousy and anger, "Oh r-really?" You unintentionally stuttered, "Yeah! I mean, we've known each other for almost-uhh-two years? Yeah, so it should be a fun experience." 

You couldn't take it anymore. You hung up the phone and suppressed the urge to throw it towards a wall. You just try to focus on regulating your breathing. "Fuck this. Fuck this and fuck life," you curse trying your hardest to hold back tears. In your mind, it always felt like nothing ever went well for you, and these were one of those many moments. You then feel your phone vibrate and see that BF is texting you. You told yourself not to open the text, but then again you did just hang up on him in the middle of him talking.

You open the text, it read:

BF (Beef lol): Hey, what happened?

You hesitated once the keyboard showed up. You wanted to say something back, but what could you even say?

About a minute later, you typed him a paragraph:

You: I've waited so long to confess to you about how I really felt. I was going to wait until tomorrow to tell you that I loved you, but I guess I'll never get that chance. I'm happy for you, really, I'm just having a moment right now. I don't mean to rope you into my jealousy, I just didn't want to dwell in unrequited love for ... however long this feeling will last. I am happy to still be your friend though, that is enough for me.

It took you several minutes to actually send it, but you immediately regretted it once you did. You turned your phone faced down on your bed and stuffed your face in your pillow. All was silent for a while until your phone vibrated again. You slowly picked it up and read the message in response to yours from BF:

BF (Beef lol): Bruh, I was talking about you -_-

It took your brain a while to process what he had just sent. "Huh??" You say out loud.

You: 'What are you talking about??' 

BF (Beef lol): It's you. I was describing you dumb dumb

Your eyes widened. Flustered and bewildered while feeling your face heat up.

'Wait, you mean ... I'M your girlfriend??'

BF (Beef lol): Well you are now lol

Your heart pounded even more, causing you to sit up and bring your hand to your mouth. You smiled at your phone then laughed. You couldn't believe you were just upset a few minutes ago and now you're jumping with joy in your room. You text him back:

'... Ur so dumb, omfg'

'But I love u tho'

BF (boyfriend <3): I love you too bae