Shoto: and Mirko san, you're on duty today... you should go back and patrol...

Mirko: but-

Y/N: Rumi...

Mirko looks at Y/N who gives her a reassuring smile. Mirko finally gives in and turns on her heel.

Mirko: alright.... but, I will beat the bird brain after this...

Mirko walks out of her own house in anger. Shoto looks at Y/N as she thanks him for letting her have some alone time with Hawks. Shoto left the house and closing the door behind him, leaving YN and Hawks in Mirko's living room.

■Y/N's POV■ 

The door is closed, now I'm alone with Keigo. Keigo's cheek is bruised from Mirko's strong kick, but He doesn't look fazed at all. His eyes are focused solely on me, making me nervous. 

Y/N: you... can sit on the sofa... I'll go grab something for that...

I point at his swollen cheek, but I was startled. Keigo grabs my arm gently and lowers it down.

Hawks: it's okay... it was nothing...

I pull my arm away from him and steps backward. My chest is pounding loudly, it became pretty hard to breathe by now. 

Y/N: no... it's swollen... I'll go grab the kit, you please sit on the sofa...

I left him and take some first aid kit, towels, and whatever I might need.

I came back to him already sitting on the sofa, eyes on me, making me nervous. I sit next to him and dip the towel to the warm water.

Y/N: excuse me... 

Keigo didn't say anything and only nods, his eyes are on me. I clean the wound and treat it. It's been so long since the last time I saw him. It's still hurt me to see him like this.

■Hawks's POV■

Y/N handles my swollen cheek gently. Her long eyelashes make her eyes even prettier than they already have. Her beautiful face keeps on flashing on my mind for the entire six years, and now, I can see it right in front of my eyes.

Hawks: where have you been?

I can feel that she flinches a little but keep her composure. 

Y/N: I... That night I was drifted to an island...

Y/N tells me what happens while handling my cheek. I listen as she told me about the ambush, about how she was attacked by the LOV and was thrown to the sea by an explosion. How she only remembers what happened that day and lost her memories for a couple of years. 

I'm not there to support her, to protect her...

Hawks: Y/N... that day.... you're pregnant and about to tell me... Mirko told me that...

Y/N: yes...

Y/N puts the towels in the bowl of water and gets up to put the bowl on the sink. Looking at her, back facing me, it feels like she's going to disappear again.

Hawks: then... Is Keita... is he my... son?

Y/N stops and flinches for a second, before continuing her walks to the sink. I get up from the sofa, I'm feeling antsy. I'm pretty sure about what the answer is, but, my sub-consciousness wants me to make her tell me with her own mouth. Y/N stops right in front of the sink, and place the bowls down.

Y/N: yes... he is...

I can't keep it any longer as I walk closer to her and hug her body from behind. Surges of feelings start filling me all over. Y/N tries to make me let go of her, but I'm not letting her by wrapping my wings around her too.

Y/N: Keigo... pl-please... let go...

Hawks: I'm sorry... I'm a jerk... but don't punish me again... I've been suffering for years...

Y/N: Keigo... 

Y/N still struggling to get out of my arms, but I turn her instead, burying her face in my chest, hope that she'll hear how loud my heart is beating for her.

Keigo: night after nights, day after day.... never once I don't have you flashing on my head... the guilt... how I can't help but think that you're gone because of me...

Y/N: Keigo... please let go of me.... I... it's not your fault...

Keigo: I could never accept when they declared you died that day, not even once I accept that... if I did... I might... kill myself so I could be with you...

Y/N looks up at me her face looks sad and her eyes are widened.

Y/N: why? you should never say something about your life like tha-

Hawks: BECAUSE YOU ARE MY LIFE!

I finally let go of her and she takes a step back. 

Y/N: Kei... go?

Hawks: you... are my life... cheating with that woman was the biggest mistake in my life... losing you.... was the same as losing my own life... I... I'm glad you're alive... so does Keita.... 

Y/N: Keigo... 

Hawks: even if you hate me... knowing that you're alive... it's enough for me... if you don't want me to be around you... I'll distance myself from you... but for now... please...

I take her hand and hold it in mine, bringing it closer to my face and kiss her knuckles.

Hawks: let me be close to you like this...

She flinches but she didn't pull her hands away, it hurts me knowing that she agrees. Maybe after this, I can only see her from far, so do Keita.

But at least... I know she's alive...

They're alive...