The blush on his cheeks only grew as he averted his eyes. "I never meant to fall asleep."

"Me either," she admitted. "I guess we were both more exhausted than we thought."

"Yeah, something like that." Bakugo mumbled. He stopped what he was doing, looking at the ground for a few seconds before lifting his head. It was just the two of them around, and no one else was in close enough range to hear their conversation.

"Katsumi...would you," Bakugo seemed to hesitate asking the question. "Would you ever blame me for what happened to All Might? I know how close you are to him because of what he's done for you."

Katsumi's eyes widened. Everything in her mind suddenly clicked and everything that had happened in the past two months made perfect sense. Tears came to her eyes unwillingly as she stepped forward, getting into Bakugo's face.

"I would never! Blame you? You weren't at fault at all. You did everything you could just to survive that situation. Nothing about that was ever your fault. I would never, ever blame you for that. Or anything related to that event."

Bakugo took in her words and let out a small, breathy chuckle. "I figured as much."

Katsumi pursed her lips and put both of her hands on his cheeks roughly. Bakugo protested her grip, but didn't pull away when he saw the look in her eye.

"Blaming you would be like blaming me for what I went through. And you've told me time and time again that it wasn't my fault," Katsumi says. Bakugo's eyes widen at her statement. "If it wasn't my fault, it could never be yours, either. We were both victims of circumstance."

Bakugo's eyes soften and a small smile comes to his lips. "Yeah, you're right."

He takes Katsumi's hands from his face, holding them as he momentarily forgot where they were.

"It was neither of our faults after all, was it? Even if we don't believe it at first."

Katsumi nodded her head to reaffirm what he said. Bakugo let out a long sigh and shook his head.

"I can't believe I had to have you, of all people, tell me that. After all I said to you, you had to say it to me. It's pathetic."

Katsumi was about to respond when she heard snickers coming from the other direction. Both her and Bakugo turned to see Mina, Sero, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Kyoka all looking at the two of them with grins on their faces.

Bakugo let go of Katsumi's hand and turned to them with an angry snarl. "What the hell are you idiots laughing at?!"

"You're soft," Sero had to cover his mouth as he laughed. "You're a pile of mush when it comes to her!"

"Shut up, Tape Face! I am not! I'll kill you!"

"If only he meant it!" Kyoka joined in with a laugh. Bakugo looked at his group of friends infuriated. Midoriya was watching nearby, unsure of how to diffuse the sudden tense situation.

"K-Kacchan, it's-"

"DON'T JOIN IN, NERD!"

Midoriya awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, staying quiet as Bakugo proceeded to yell at each and every one of his friends who happened to oversee some of the interaction that happened between the two of them.

"I-it's fine," Katsumi stuttered. Thinking about how her friends, especially Mina, perceived that interaction was making her stomach flip. "We were just talking."

Kaminari gave her a grin. "Yeah, sure. Holding his face like that is just talking, right?"

"DUNCE FACE, SHUT UP!"