Chris Evans: Just Being Neighborly

Start from the beginning

"You must be talking about the man whose been checking to see how you are every thirty minutes or so. You saved his life, and his dog's life too, so yes, they're perfectly fine, just a little bit bruised and scraped up. They were very lucky that you intervened when you did. Heck sweetheart, you're very lucky. You only sustained a broken leg, a few fractured ribs, a sprained wrist, a broken nose, busted lip, a couple broken fingers, a few minor cuts that required stitching. There's some internal bleeding, you don't seem to have a concussion, and no major organs or arteries were damaged." Brenda said.

"How is he doing?" A somewhat deep and familiar voice asked.

I turned and looked at the doorway to my hospital room to see my neighbor. But this time he was well dressed, not wearing any sunglasses, and looking incredibly anxious, even though I couldn't quite see the details of his face.

"Like I said, very lucky," Brenda said, wriggling her eyebrows at me. "He's awake now Mr. Evans, I'm sure he'd love to see you now," she replied.

Brenda checked my pulse and blood pressure before grabbing my chart and leaving me alone with my neighbor.
He ducked out of the room for a second, and I heard a lot of rustling and some groaning, but as soon as he  fully entered the room, I understood. His face was completely obstructed by all of the stuff he was carrying: a giant teddy bear, about a dozen balloons, and a vase of flowers, he then whistled and his dog pranced into the room, holding something in his mouth.

He set his he teddy bear down on one of the waiting chairs next to the bed, his face still obstructed by balloons, he set the flowers on the small side table, before clipping the balloons onto the tables edge with the flowers.
When I finally saw his face, I was sure that I was dead. Because that's the only way that Chris Evans would ever be in the same room as me. So I slapped myself in the face.

"Oh my god, I really must be dead! There's no way that this is happening right now. Absolutely no way!" I whispered to myself, still lightly smacking myself.

"Hey, hey, let's stop doing that now," he said with a voice so gentle, it seemed like he thought I might break if he spoke any different.

His voice was so unreal, but when he grabbed my hands and held them down on my lap, I looked up, directly into his gorgeous baby blue eyes, and I realized just how real this was.

"That's better. So, Y/n how are you feeling?" Chris asked.

"I'm a lot better now," I sighed, "wait, how do you know my name?"

"That's such a cliché thing to say," Chris rolled his eyes, "but I get it. When I saw your face after you pushed me out of the way, I was awestruck." He paused, "You know, you didn't just save my life, you also saved Dodger's life too, and you don't know how much that means to me. And I've always known your name, ever since you moved in. After I started seeing you on your walks, I decided to do a little research on you."

"Oh that was nothing. I was just doing what any good neighbor would do, you know, the right thing." I replied nonchalantly, feeling him slightly tighten his grip on my hand, which he hadn't let go of.

"Y/n, look at yourself, look at where you are! You did an incredible thing for me today, and I'll never, ever forget it, and when you feel up to it, I'd like to take you out to dinner, someplace really nice." Chris said, giving me a big grin.

"That sounds like fun!" I replied with a small smile, because I didn't want to hurt my face too much.

-2nd Person PoV-

You and Chris had continued to talk on and on until Brenda came back to your room to inform Chris that visiting hours were over, and he had to go, but he was free to come back the next day.
Chris tried to hug you, but he backed out in fear of hurting you, so he just lifted your right hand and placed a gentle kiss on it before leaving.