"Yeah, they are. I met her through work... we're in the same department... and we just clicked." My dad sets his glass down and a small smile forms on his face. "Andrea and her ex-husband separated a little after Mae was born, so in some way... we could relate to each other."

I smile at that, someone like Andrea must have been the perfect person to get him to open up. Even though my dad is a pro at keeping his emotions in check, you could see the stress lines start to grow deeper each day. Despite those lines still being there, his face is happier, somehow back to normal if not even brighter than when it was with mom.

He lifts his gaze and finally makes eye contact with me again. "Listen uh... I want to-" but before he finishes his sentence a bright light shines on him and people start moving him towards the dancefloor for the first dance. He gives me an apologetic look but I nod in understanding and he's whisked away. He has a slow dance with Andrea and other couples begin to join in.

"Would you like to dance?" Kusuo asks and holds out his hand. I set my now empty Shirley Temple down on the counter and have to bite back a smile. 

"Hmm I don't know... should I?" I ponder aloud to myself and Kusuo shoots me a glare but grabs my hand anyway.

"Stop being dumb," he says and pulls me with him to the dance floor. We sway for a few songs, and I lay my head on his shoulder. It's crazy how so much has changed between us over the course of the past few months. This moment reminds me of the dance that we shared at PK when we were on the roof, where Kusuo kissed me for the first time. I have always treasured that moment and now I can't think of my life without him.

"You're the prettiest girl here, my dream girl," Kusuo says quietly in my ear.

I look up at him and smile. "Thank you, Ku," and I give him a quick kiss. We stare at each other and it's like we're the only two people in the world. I don't care how sappy it is, I am so in love with Kusuo Saiki.

The song changes to a fast-paced one and Kusuo suggests that we take a break so we head back to our table where Andrea and my dad stand, talking to other guests. I decide now is the perfect opportunity to make my way over to Andrea and get to know her more.

"Congratulations," I smile at her after I wait my turn to talk to her. "Your dress is gorgeous." 

"Aah! Thank you y/n! I'm so excited and I cannot wait to get to know you more!" She exclaims, holding on to my upper arms. She practically bounces up and down at the idea of knowing me better and I grow excited too.

"I can't wait either," I respond with a smile. She smiles at me with a big grin then lets go of my arms to take a quick sip of her champagne. She sets it down then looks at me again but with a more serious expression. 

"I want to get this out of the way now, it's okay if you don't want to call me mom. I know we just met today so it's no problem." I did not expect her to bring that up but I nod at her suggestion. I appreciate that she isn't forcing the idea of being my "new" mom down my throat.

"Okay, I appreciate that," I smile. She clasps her hands togehter and smiles at me again.

"So, how long have you and Kusuo been together? How did you guys meet? Tell me everything!" She questions and starts to actually bounce up and down in excitement but then registers she may be overstepping her boundaries a little bit and profusely apologizes.

"It's okay! We've been together for a few months now, we hit 5 a little bit ago," I say. I tell her some other things like how we met, how we started to get to know each other, the cafe, the festival, the dance, and the vacation. It's crazy to look back at everything since it feels so long ago. So much has happened but I'm so grateful for all these experiences.