"How long was I out for," Kusuo asks as you set him down on the ground.

"I'm not sure, I'd say around 5-10 minutes," you respond and at that, he instantly gets up.

"Woah relax Ku, you were unconscious, don't stand up too fast," you declare. He is too focused on something in the distance to notice the nickname and the next thing you know he's gone.

"Great," you say to no one. You stay on the roof and ultimately decide that staying where you are is probably the best option in case Kusuo needs to find you again and sure enough, a few seconds later, Kusuo comes back but he's completely soaked.

"Oh geez," you say, quickly walking over to him. His uniform is dripping from the water but he doesn't seem harmed in any way. He looks very deep in thought and doesn't appear to notice you even when you're right next to him now. 

"Do you need my help with anything?" You ask, worried about how heavy he's now breathing. He still looks off into the distance, you assume trying to detect another threat and then he disappears again.  The same thing happens a few more times before he teleports back and starts to stumble but you catch him before he collapses on the ground. All his weight is put on you and you almost fall over at the sudden pressure. He's still a little damp but other than some dirt on his face, he seems okay. He's unconscious so, as carefully as you could, you drag him over to the side and sit against the wall. You sit down and position Kusuo so he lies on his back so that you can support his head with your lap, his head facing up at you.

"You poor thing," you whisper and move some pieces of his hair off his forehead. You sit there for a while, playing with his hair and observing his face.

'He looks so relaxed.' It's a facial expression that you've never really seen on him before. His chest rises and falls steadily and you reach over and carefully remove his glasses, putting them on yourself.

"Woahhhh," you say while looking around the roof. "These are so cool."

After wearing the glasses for a little, you cautiously put them back over his eyes and continue to study his face, playing with his hair again (obviously being careful of the antennas). You hear the bell ring for the third time but decide to ignore it. Classes today were boring and you'd rather be making sure Kusuo was alright anyway, who knows what he had to fix when Teruhashi took out his antenna. You sigh trying to calm your rising anger at the events that occurred at lunch. I want to give her a piece of my mind for acting so selfishly. Did she really think Kusuo wore those every day as a fashion statement? What a dumb bitch. Suddenly, Kusuo's eyes flutter open and you make eye contact.

"Uh hello there," you cough, trying to act natural after Kusuo just caught you staring at him.

"You're cute when you blush," Kusuo murmurs. You didn't even realize you were blushing until after his comment. Which then, of course, makes your face redder and you look away trying to hide your cheeks.

Kusuo laughs lightly at your embarrassment and despite the fact that he's making fun of you, his laugh is music to your ears, making you want to listen to it for the rest of your life. Once your face calms down, you look back down at him.

"How are you feeling?" You ask and feel his forehead. He closes his eyes at your touch and doesn't say anything so you continue to do what you were doing before and move your hand up to his hair, running your fingers through it gently. His comment is fresh in your mind and you wonder if he was serious. But after looking at him for a while, you decide he's probably just delirious from his exhaustion so he doesn't know what he's saying.

"I stopped a meteor from hitting Earth," he blurts.

"You what?" You say shocked.

"And a Tsunami."

"Kusuo-"

"And other stuff," he sighs "there was a lot."

Not knowing what to do, you keep stroking his hair, now realizing just how powerful he really is. It's crazy to comprehend that he has the ability to stop literal life-ending disasters. You don't really understand how removing his antennas for that short amount of time would literally cause the world to end but regardless, figure that it's also a lot of responsibility to deal with. You can tell how stressed he was today, who knows what other things he had to deal with in his life.

"I'm proud of you," you comment and his eyes shoot open, "I'm really proud of you."

He just stares at you with his typical emotionless gaze but you know by now that he's probably just trying to figure out why you're saying that.

"Since you saved the world, I guess you deserve some coffee jelly," you say with an exasperated sigh. "I work this weekend so you should come. I'll make you a special one, it's the 'amazing y/n deluxe' so it will have a lot of whipped cream."

You look down at him and he's already staring up at you, a peaceful look on his face that almost makes you blush again. You both look at each other for a little, his eyes running across every feature on your face, until he lets out a sigh and closes his eyes again, "that sounds nice."