Kusuo looks at me, scanning my face, "are you okay? Your face looks red."

I was sure that my face had calmed down in color but I guess not. His comment doesn't help either and I feel that hot feeling creep up my neck again. 

"Um... yeah I'm good, I'm good!" I say sounding like an idiot, "what even happened?"

"Hairo got too competitive and hit the volleyball right at you on accident. He hit you so hard that you went unconscious so I brought you here," he says with an annoyed tone, probably bothered that he had to carry me here. That thought hit me once I registered it, he had to carry me

"Sorry you got stuck with that job. It probably gave you so much unwanted attention." 

Kusuo quirks and eyebrow and a look of puzzlement appears on his face. "I mean... I guess but I wasn't focused on that. You were unconscious on the floor."

"Oh gosh, that's so embarrassing," I say and cover my face with my hands. "I probably looked so dumb, people are probably gonna laugh at me tomorrow. I'm literally Daichi, I mean Deadchi now! I will never be able to move on from this-" I get cut off by the loud and surprisingly dramatic sound of Kusuo's sigh. 

"Good grief, he must not have hit you too hard since you still talk too much."

"Wh- hey!" I frown and repeatedly punch his arm, "that's not very nice of you to say, Kusuo." He stops my assault by grabbing my wrist, but softly. He pulls my arm down a little causing me to lurch forward leaving my face to be a few inches from his.

"I'm glad you're alright though," he says while looking into my eyes. My face heats up like an oven (did the hit to the face make me turn into a stuttering Wattpad girl?) and I look away from his intense gaze.

"Y-yeah me too," I nod. The bell rings, saving me from any further embarrassment, and Kusuo still holding my wrist gets up and helps me stand.

"We should get going," he says while grabbing my bag and heading towards the door, pulling me along. "I can catch you up on what you missed." 

I nod he drops my wrist after making sure that I can in fact walk on my own. "Don't you have to go back to class? Your stuff is probably still in there." I say as Kusuo opens the door for me. 

"Oh yeah..." he says but instead turns to head to walk towards the stairs. He doesn't continue so I stop and knit my eyebrows together. 

"Then don't you want to go get your stuff?" He stops and turns around towards me. 

"It's fine. I'm sure Nendou probably already took it." 

"But don't you have homework and your notes?" 

"I have everything I need at home already, it's not a big deal." He turns around quickly and continues to walk towards the stairs. I don't move for a few seconds trying to understand why he wouldn't even want to at least check to see if Nendou was still in class or if Nendou even DID grab his stuff but I don't feel like asking him so I follow him down the stairs. 

As we walk towards our houses, Kusuo suggests that we go to his house this time for a little while, saying something about making sure I'm not gonna pass out and die. I agree but ultimately know he probably is using it as an excuse to hang out. I roll my eyes at his blatant lie but go along with it anyway.

We walk into his house, I greet Mrs. Saiki and these are the events that occur after:

She asks me how I am,

I tell her I am well,

Kusuo rolls his eyes and exposes me by saying I got hit in the head, going unconscious,