As Saiki takes off his shoes and neatly places them by the door, unlike yours, you open the fridge. "Want anything to eat? I went to the store a few days ago so I have some options." 

He sets his bag on the dining room table and wordlessly makes his way over to the fridge. He looks inside and quickly notices that there isn't any coffee jelly, a small frown makes its way onto his face. 

"Yeah, I don't have any coffee jelly this time." You close the fridge after grabbing a water bottle and open one of the cabinets and grab the box of cheez-its that has yet to be opened. "I'm going to drop my bag off in my room, you can grab whatever snacks you want." You walk out of the kitchen and quickly throw your school bag on your bed. You throw on a simple hoodie then turn around and walk back into the living room. You walk back into the kitchen to see Saiki holding a bowl of apple slices. You raise your eyebrows since you were only gone for a few seconds but decide not to comment, even though it's weird how fast he must've cut them. 

You grab the box of cheez-its and head over to the TV. You set down the Cheezits on the low table and grab the few CD cases and hold them out in front of you like a stack of cards fanned out for display. Saiki puts his bowl of apples on the table and you push your hands towards him.

"Pick a card, any card." 

He takes a moment to look at some of the titles before grabbing ahold of one of the cases in the middle. He pulls it out from the cases and holds it up to you. 

"Minecraft?" You question, making sure that that is in fact the one that he wants to play. He nods and you take the case from him and in the next few minutes, you turn on your console, grab the controllers, and get situated on the floor with your snacks in front of you. "You know, I didn't think you would choose this one, I thought you'd go for Zelda or something." 

"You can't play Zelda with two people."

You nod as you start setting up a new world. "Guess that makes sense. Creative or survival?"

"Survival."

You fiddle with the options and as the world loads, you look over at Saiki who is scrolling on his phone. "I bet I can make a better house than you."

He looks over at you from his phone, an eyebrow raised. "I doubt that."

You mock a hurt expression and look back at the TV with a light scoff, moving your character to chop some trees. "Well, you are gonna be sorely mistaken once you see my master skills."

Saiki doesn't say anything so you look to see him appearing a lot more relaxed than first getting here. His shoulders aren't as tense as they were and he stares intently at the screen as he chops some wood. For the next several minutes, you both do your own things in comfortable silence. Every once in a while you would take a few Cheezits but never stopping for too long. Both of your houses were nearly done and after adding a few finishing touches to the outside, you both decide it was time to show them off. 

"Okay come see mine first." You say pressing your controller repeatedly to crouch and stand up. Saiki's character makes its way over and you give him the walk-through of the 3 story house that you created. You went with a modern and warm look using birch wood and planks. Large windows adorn 3 of the 4 walls and the roof is positioned laid out from the structure to create an overhang effect. The outside displayed a dirt path being decorated with bushes and flowers with the fencing surrounding the yard outside the front door with several sheep encapsulated inside. The inside was pretty basic but included all the necessities. The whole aesthetic was pretty close to cottage core, you smile at the finished product.

"I would've added some glowstone lanterns but I could only do so much in the time limit." You say as you walk back down the stone stairs.

He nods, you thought probably speechless with the amazingness that is your creation and you follow him over to his house. You saw some parts of it since you both are split-screen but now seeing it finished it actually looked pretty cool. He went the cobblestone route with the structure resembling a small castle. He made a watchtower and the rest being a standard large square stone structure. No windows, just holes in the walls to keep that rustic look, and once going inside it was also pretty standard like yours, adorned with the necessities. You hummed while walking around the castle.