𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

Start from the beginning

"Come in!"

The Ice pillar opened the door to see a few things that left her with dot eyes.

1. A boy with a long strand of snot connecting him and the Kakushi with tanjiro on his back.

2. Aoi looked a little upset.

3. A kid with a boar head.

She was about to silently close the door but her sister stopped her.

"Nee-chan! Tell him he has to take his medicine or he won't get any better!" Aoi shouted as she pointed at the male patient who (y/n) guessed didn't want to take his medicine.

(Y/n) walked over to him on the bed, but before that grabbing a napkin to wipe off the snot and the poor Kakushi.

She sat next to him on the stool as Tanjiro was placed on his bed farther down.

"Excuse me? Please take your medicine so my sister won't have to stress over it any longer than she has." (Y/n) said with a sweet smile.

The door opens to show the other ten pillars waiting on their favorite pillar.

The yellow haired boy's eyes widen at the beauty in his sight.

"Ahhh! You're so pretty! Want to be mine and marry me?" His scared demeanor dispersed as he saw (y/n).

She just smiled at him, not giving him a true answer. Rather she told Aoi to grab a cup with the same medicine as him.

(Y/n) then walked over to tanjiro to see how he was doing and to see how his sister was doing. While she was at that, Zenistu felt a dark aura stabbing him in the back. When he turned slowly to see...

The ten pillars glaring at him. For saying he wanted to marry (y/n). One of them was about to say something but then..

"Alright Nee-san. I have the cup, what do you want me to do with it?" Aoi came into the room and handed her older sister the cup.

"How about if the medicine is that nasty tasting then I'll drink it with you ok?"

Zenitsu happily nodded, ignoring the harsh glares behind him.

"Ok..3,..2...1..drink!"

They both chugged it down, ending with Zenitsu saying how nasty it was and (y/n) just smiling.

The pillars seeing this all thought..

She is...a goddess..a literal goddess...

(Y/n) smiled and placed the cup back down, Aoi took them away leaving her sister with the higher ranks and the ones from the mountain.

"Alright then. Let's go shall we?" The older Kanzaki sister said while walking towards her friends. They nodded and agreed.

Tengen slung an arm around her shoulder, ending with Obanai's snake hissing at him making him hold her closer.

Muichiro then grabbed Kanzaki's hand and stopped walking.

"Oh? What is it Mui?" The boy just hugged her and held her hand tightly. She just smiled and hugged back giving him a kiss on the cheek with it.

Rengoku for the first time in forever..his smile dropped and it showed a frown. Muichiro then started to walk with her again, but a head of the group. Iguro walked up and held her other hand while walking. Behind her back was the worst glaring contest in probably history.

Oh, but the restaurant was only a few blocks away.

-[❁]-

At the restaurant, Rengoku and Kanroji were eating and eating, making piles of dishes at their sides.

Kanzaki helped Gyomei pick what he wanted by reading him the Menu, which made Gyomei blush on the tip of his ears for how considerate she was for doing that.

He offered to pay for her meal after that but she declined sweetly."It's okay Gyomei-san. You don't have to pay, it was just the nice thing to do."

Muichiro sat beside her just holding onto her haori and eating his soba. Giyu and Sabito sat in front of her at the table. Gyomei beside her. The waitress and waiters had been only serving their table for the time they had been there.

Kanzaki felt a little bit bad, the rest of the tables near her were of working class people or working demon slayers like herself and her comrades. But they didn't have food on their tables.

She noticed in the corner of her eye how a child was asking their mother when they could eat. Judging by how the mother looked and her son, Kanzaki could tell they had been waiting for a while. One child was on her back asleep while the other was saying their legs hurt and were hungry.

Kanzaki then remembered how she was back then growing up on the mountain with the boys. Food was enough, but only for two people. Not four hungry little kids training to be swordsmen.

She sighed feeling the guilt ride her for being selfish.

So she grabbed her bowl of ramen, and asked a waitress if she could wrap it up for her.

"Huh? Kanzaki-chan are you finished?" Shinobu asked. Kanzaki shook her head and took her untouched bowl of ramen and handed it to the woman with her children.

"Ah? Oh my! Thank you! Thank you! May the gods above bless you!" The woman took the bowl and was about to give Kanzaki the little money she had to pay her but a hand came to stop her.

"Please. It is on me." Her voice was calm but stern like always.

The woman tried to rebuttal but the ice pillar simply refused and told her to keep her money and to take the hot bowl of ramen.

Kanzaki then sat back down with Muichiro clinging onto her haori. The table was quiet.

Soon after some silence the pillars asked for the check.

Kanzaki being her kind self paid for the meal beforehand, so the waitress just handed them the notes after.

The group cleaned their mess and left the restaurant. Sabito sped up to be able to walk with Kanzaki to ask what bothered her.

"Zaki-chan? What's wrong? Are you mad at us?" she shook her head and kept walking.

Then it hit him.

"Zaki...(Y/n)...did it remind you of the mountain?" she nodded a little. Sabito held her arms and stopped her. He hugged her telling her that what she did was the right thing to do and that she was not being too kind.

"I understand why (y/n). I understand." She hugged him back, burying her head into his chest. "I just felt guilty.." His head rested on hers and he patted her back.

Kanzaki broke the hug but still had her hand in his as they returned to the headquarters.

Lets say she wasn't the only one who felt guilty.

▀▄▀▄▀▄ 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓.𝐁𝐘𝐄 ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Not fully proof read..