"Any luck?" I asked, placing the bottle down.

"Getting there" she replied, still typing away.

"Mind if I try something?" I asked and she turned around in her chair, moving so I can try.

I smiled, flashing my eyes over the code before working my magic, breaking us through the firewall so we can reconfigure the program to shut it down.

"Wow, I can see why Deck loves you" she said, making me turn around.

"Loved" I corrected with a sad smile.

"That's not true, I see the way he looks at you" she smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at her before sighing, running my hands over my face.

"What happened between you two?" She asked, pulling another seat up next to me.

"We just drifted apart, constantly getting into fights until I couldn't take it anymore so I left" I explained.

"Deck has never been good with feelings, especially when it comes to being with someone else" she explained. "I'm not justifying what he's done, but I believe he's realised his mistake and is willing to fix it."

"...maybe" I said, standing up.

"I'm going to go help Jonah" I said before leaving.

...

I sat on the front stairs, staring out at the stars as they glistened in the sky, Hattie and I's conversation running through my head.

Does he still love me?

"Hey" I turned around to see Deckard walking up and sitting next to me.

"Hey" I replied, my face going back to the front yard.

There was a long pause, the two of us just sitting in comfortable silence, the howling wind creating a cool night atmosphere.

"You ready for tomorrow?" He eventually asked.

"As I'll ever be" I answered, still not looking at him.

The silence falling between us again.

"Were you happy?" He asked.

"When?" I asked confused.

"When we were together" he asked, an thick tension filling the space between us.

"Deckard, I loved you, nothing made me happier than when we were together. I would cherish every second we had" I said truthfully, finally looking at him with tears in my eyes. "Even after all the fights we had I still held onto the thought you felt the same."

"I did" he interrupted, eyes going glassy as well.

"Did being the key word" I said, standing up and walking towards the door. "Good night Deck."

...

"Jonah" Luke said.

"Yeah, don't rush me" he said dismissively.

"It's almost dawn. He'll be here soon. Make it happen now" I said.

"Hey, hey, hey don't rush me. That's how mistakes are made" Jonah replied.

"And how long does this process take?" One of our brothers asked.

"It's thirty minutes and thirty-three till I go viral" Hattie informed, turning to Deckard. "Look, Deck, I think we need to seriously consider option one."

"Don't strike a match just yet, Hats" he said, turning to Jonah. "We are seriously gonna miss this window. Let's do this! Come on!"

"No" Hattie said.

"Jonah, now!" Luke and I snapped.

"Okay. Fine, fine, okay" Jonah replied. "Here goes nothing."

He then strapped the device onto Hattie's arm.

"Brace yourself Hats" Deckard said.

"It ain't gonna be pleasant" Luke said.

"No, it's gonna be fine..." she said, groaning as the band latched around her arm.

"God mother" she cussed as the machine started extracting the virus.

"It's working, it's working" Jonah said surprised, everyone cheering and smiling.

"Yes" I said, high fiving Jonah and Luke.

"Told you so" I smiled at Deckard and he returned the gesture, lifting me up in the air and spinning me around.

He then realised what he did and put me down, staring at me.

"Sorry" he apologised, my smile fading.

"It's-it's fine" I replied, my cheeks darkening a little.

I then sighed, turning to Hattie to see her smirking. I laughed, hugging her tight and smiling.

"Glad it worked" I said.

"See, I told you so~" she hummed and I just shook my head.

"Hey, they triggered the alarm!" Another brother informed.

"That's him" Deckard said.

"As we planned?" Luke asked.

"As we planned" Deckard nodded.

"Usos! It's time."