Chapter 56: I miss you

Start from the beginning

"I don't know... I just have this feeling that you're not." She stared straight into my eyes. I stared back and we stayed still for a while.

"What if I tell you that both the Ministry of Magic and the death eaters are after me?"

"What... what did you do?" Y/N asked.

"I cast an unforgivable curse." By my answer, she gasped. I could tell that she was deeply shocked. 

"...Imposisble." Y/N whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"It doesn't make sense that Hogwarts is letting such a dark wizard hide down here. I know its protection magic would never allow that so... it tells me that there's more to the story." Y/N was always smart. In hopes to stimulate her memories back I decided to be blunt.

"I'm waiting for the girl I killed to come save me," I sighed. Y/N didn't say anything. She frowned a bit in confusion.

"There's a girl who Imperiused me to kill her... just so she could save me," I felt a lump in my throat. Y/N seemed a bit relaxed now that she realised my curse was cast involuntarily. I continued.

"she was an Allorant so she could cast a spell without a wand with strong will. People don't know I was Imperiused and they all think I'm a murderer –"

"– except someone who is helping you hide down here." Y/N cut me off and I nodded silently. She then stared at me for a while.

"What's that look? You think I'm lying, right?" I smiled faintly.

"No, it's just... I'm so sorry to hear that. If she sacrificed to save you, I believe that you were pretty special to her."

"We were special to each other." I stared into Y/N's eyes pleadingly.

"You must miss her." Her words travelled softly.

"I miss her terribly." Staring at 'the girl' who looked clueless was hard. I just wanted to touch her again, feel her in my arms. She was right there, right in front of me but... I couldn't reach her.

"Hm-hm. By the way, nice bed you got there. I wonder who the helper is." Y/N then quipped to enlighten the mood.

"Professor McGonagall." I chuckled.

"Oh, wait. Were you a student here? Because you recognised me... but I don't recall ever seeing you or ever hearing about what you just told me." My heart dropped every time she reminded me of her memory loss. Y/N doesn't remember us.

"It's late and I'm... tired. You should go back." I locked the door and turned to lie down on my bed.

"Hello? You're just gonna go to sleep?" I ignored her voice and just stayed silent on my bed.

"Fine. But I'll come back tomorrow." Then I heard her footsteps get further away from my cell. 

I miss you, Y/N.

– y/n's pov –

I didn't tell anyone about Draco hiding in the dungeons. I just waited for night to come so I can go talk to him again, finish our unfinished conversation from the night before.  

"Oh, you're up." I thought he would be asleep like last night but he was awake, sitting on his bed, reading a book.

"Hey." Draco lifted his head up and shit, he's hot. How did I never notice him at school?

"Y/N?"

"Huh? Yea?" 

"Is there something on my face?" Draco chuckled and I blushed from embarrassment. 

"What... what are you reading?" Ugh! Y/N, what's wrong with you!

"It's a spell book that I stole from the Restricted Section long time ago." Draco waved the book at me and got on his feet.

"I suppose you were quite a troublemaker." I spoke as he unlocked the door.

"Oh, I was." He suddenly put his face really close to mine, making me flinch. My eyes widened and I stayed stunned.

"Are your guards down now?" He smirked, walking back to his bed. I awkwardly coughed and entered the cell.

"Hey, do you wanna see this spell?" Draco opened a page in the book and pointed at a spell.

"What spell?" I sat beside him and looked at where he was pointing.

– Draco's pov –

"'Protego Diabolica' It's a powerful incantation that creates a massive ring of fire around the caster." I pointed at the spell that Y/N found interesting a long time ago when we sneaked into the Restricted Section during the Christmas break.

"'Any of the caster's enemies that come in contact with the fire ring will be incinerated, but his allies can pass through the flames unharmed.' That is cool." Y/N read out the description and I looked at her. The memory of her reading the description back in December overlapped with what I was seeing. Please, Y/N... remember me. Remember us.

– y/n's pov –

I looked through the book with him and it was full of dark spells which were truly fascinating. 

Then suddenly I caught sight of something shiny on the bed behind him. Something I'd seen before, a broken sapphire necklace. Draco noticed me staring at the necklace. He silently grabbed it and laid it on his palm.

"I've seen that before... I" Then I remembered... "Y/N, it's the necklace Draco gave you." Amber's voice echoed.

Draco..! It's the boy's name! 

"No, no... This is weird." I mumbled. Suddenly, I felt a sudden acute pain in my head. 

"Aah!" My head started spinning.

"Y/N? Y/N!" Draco's voice calling my name was blurred.