t w e n t y o n e

Start from the beginning

"Where's Mark?" Yeonjun asks, looking around.

"Probably getting dressed," she says, patting Yeonjun on the arm. "I'm gonna freshen up. I'll be right back."

Yeonjun waits around for a few moments, trying to make sense of what's happening. If Mark knows about them, why would he still agree to have this dinner?

He can't reveal that he knows what Mark did to Sammie. But Yeonjun doesn't understand why Mark would want him around.

As he sits down on the sofa and pulls out his phone, Mark comes out of the room wearing a button-down shirt tucked into a pair of jeans.

"Oh, hey man." He smiles stretching his hand out to greet him. Yeonjun stands up to shake his hand. "Did you get here early?"

"Yeah, I did," he responds, looking Mark in the eye.

Mark senses Yeonjun's standoffish energy, but he's unfazed by it. So he walks back to the kitchen and gets a drink of water.

"So are your friends on their way?" he asks.

Yeonjun looks up from his phone and tells Mark they'll be here soon. But Mark just stares at him with a weirdly calm smile.

He shoots Yeonjun a little grin and then turns around to grab another class from the cabinet.

"So, um-- I got a question for you..." Mark fills it up and walks over to Yeonjun, handing him the glass. The knot in Yeonjun's stomach tightens. "How long have you been fucking my girlfriend?"

"What?"

"Should I repeat the question?" Mark shoots him a knowing look and Yeonjun freezes.

But just then the oven beeps and Sammie comes out of the bathroom with a big smile on here face.

"Oh! The lasagna's ready!" she smiles cheerfully.

Mark shoots Yeonjun a look and walks to the kitchen to meet Sammie.

"Baby, can you hand me the towel over there, please?"

"Here--" he smirks and hands it to her, putting his hand on her ass and grabbing it tightly as she bends over to get the lasagna out.

Yeonjun watches the whole thing and sees Sammie swat his hand away while murmuring something to him. But the way he grins at her like he doesn't give a shit makes Yeonjun's blood boil.

I'm gonna kill him.

She places the lasagna on the counter and starts cutting into it, dividing it into pieces. Yeonjun continues watching Mark and decides to stand at the counter to make sure Sammie knows he's there.

"So what did you guys do today?" Sammie smiles at Yeonjun as she grabs a large salad bowl. She's doing everything she can to pretend that everything's okay. But they both know that shit's about to hit the fan. Still, Yeonjun tries to remain calm.

"We had a chill day -- just catching up on errands." He smiles, but then Mark stands behind Sammie and wraps his arms around her waist, nuzzling her neck while she pours some lettuce into the bowl

"Baby, can you stop--" Sammie smiles nervously, glancing up at Yeonjun. "We have guests..."

"Oh, you mean your friend doesn't want to see me do this to you?" he whispers in her ear, looking at Yeonjun with a grin as he starts lifting Sammie's sweater. His hands slide down the waistband of her pants and Sammie turns around and pushes him away.

"Mark-- I said stop." She looks at him seriously, but Yeonjun can see her hands are trembling.

"Come on, babe," Mark coos, shooting Yeonjun a smirk while he puts his hand up her sweater. "I don't think he minds."