As Harper drives and rants about her day, I look out the window and completely zone out. Chris had texted me a few hours ago that I had to facetime him later on. Even though we see each other every Saturday and text almost every single day, it was quite strange that he wants to facetime me. He only does it when it is quite important. It's making me nervous, real nervous.

Chris never keeps secrets from me though. I never keep secrets from him. But I have a gut feeling that something bad is going to happen. Something that I am not going to like one bit. Shut it Reece, I think to myself. You are just overthinking everything again.

Harper pulls into the aesthetically pleasing diner and pulls into our normal slot we always used. Before we can even place in our order, Stevie is here to take our order. Stevie was the one that built up this place. It was her father's old restaurant before he passed away years ago, and now it's one of the most popular places in LA.

"Hi Stevie," Harper smiled at Stevie.

"Hey girls, just getting your usual dogs?" She asked in her thick country accent and we both nodded. "Hey Reece, quick question for you darlin."

"What's up Stevie?" I asked, unbuckling my seatbelt in the parked car so I could get more comfortable.

"Who's Chris's girlfriend? I saw her today in the magazine while I was getting my nails done and the girl has more plastic in her than the ocean." I scoffed softly. God, Sawyer.

"Sawyer Petrova, aka a money hunger leach." Harper told Stevie and I hit her arm softly. "Hey!"

"Listen, I am not the biggest fan of her either but I don't want you talking bad about her." I told them both. "She's a human like everyone else and she already gets enough hate as it is. Besides, she makes Chris happy."

The car fell silent as the background music only filled the car. Believe me, I hated Sawyer more than anything in this world. I knew my best friend Chris better than anybody else besides his own mother or brother. I know deep down, she's not his happy ending. I hope one day he can realize it to. "Alrighty then," Stevie interrupts my own thought, clicking her pen closed. "I'll be back in a bit."

Stevie had roller-skated away and Harper playfully slaps my shoulder. "What?!" I say defensively.

"Why are you defending her?"

"I am not defending her one bit!" I argued. "My reasoning is, she's my best friends girlfriend... or whatever you want to call her. As much as I would love to shit talk her, it just doesn't feel right. I mean, if Chris is somewhat happy. It's a happy medium, right?"

"Said literally nobody ever." She tells me, but I just roll my eyes.

As we moved past the subject of him and Sawyer, it rested in the back of my mind all night. Normally this stuff had never bothered me. Who was I kidding? It did bother me. I knew deep inside of me, there is a burning love for him. Not the platonic love, but the love you get in the movies. The fourth of July fireworks that exploded when you look at someone. The only person who knows about this secret love I have for my best friend was Scott, his brother. But we barely talk about it because I always want to avoid it. It's something I wouldn't want to ruin. He is happy with Sawyer. I cannot ruin that for him. He's my best friend.

We ate our food like we always do every Thursday, eating our hot dogs and talking shit about her boss. My life wasn't very exciting unlike my own best friend. With his stardom and his reputation of being an A-list celebrity, being his best friend was very intimidating. I live in a old firehouse, I work a 9-5 job and just like everyone in LA, I had dreams of becoming a writer. But I'm just one of the lost stars that rest in this restless town. Chris got lucky. I hope one day I become one of those lucky stars.