Chapter 26 - A Dealer's walls

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I roll my eyes at him but continue, "When he usually picks his type of girls, he..."

He interrupts me again, "By type of girls, you mean?"

It's like telling a baby about the difference between a pacifier and a thumb. At least that one can't talk.

"He likes girls with red hair, but that's beside the point. He has his ways with words, and I'm sure he would help."

If I have anything to say about it.

"So now he is whipped, right?"

"Whipped is an understatement." I grin as my brain suffers an unfortunate view of Charlie and Danny trying to be the stars of 'we've found love tonight' from Lion king.

"Now that we have found a practical solution to my problem. Let's focus on you." He had a sly smile on his face.

"Why do I feel that I'm not going to like where you're headed with this conversation." I chuckle stiffly.

"Lie to me. You do not have a thing for our musician employer?"

I have once again been met with another joke of a century.

Jacob and Serious do not belong in the same sentence. I am not to blame for laughing hysterically at the serious look that he was giving me.

I sobered and looked beyond his shoulder. There stood our Caleb, looking mighty pissed.

I avoided him since I walked out of Dinah's office a fortnight ago.

"Am I right, or am I right?" Jacob wiggled his brows with a satisfied grin on his face,

I shook my head sideways and got up from the table. I made my way into the kitchen.

As I said, hard but plausible.

If he wants to play the petty game, he is welcome to join the club.

"Hey, brother," I heard Gail say.

He must have followed me into the kitchen.

"Um... Girls, can you give Peyton and me a minute alone together?"I heard him say.

I'd rather shave my hair than be stuck with him again in a room; on the other hand, if I behead him for pissing me off again, we won't have any witnesses.

Not worth it. I still have a family and maybe what's left of the Empire to save.

With a heavy eye roll, I went to the door like a woman on a mission.

Marci got up from her seat on the counter and successfully blocked my path. She leaned closer to whisper into my ear.

"You guys should talk it out; the sexual tension here is more suffocating than when Taryn and Jack are in the off phase of their relationship." She smirks at me with an evil yet satisfied glint in her eye.

"And why would I go with your absurd idea?" I do a double-take at her.

"You can hide it all you want, but I know you both like each other. Quit pretending about it before someone gets hurt."

I scrunch my brows in confusion while hiding my surprise. It seems like Shawn is not the only observant person around here.

"And why the hell will I go with this again?"

"I am assuming you are smart; figure it out yourself. Jacob will get Abigail and me to school. Have a nice morning." She smiled.

Yup, definitely a Spawn of Dinah's.

Now that I have been left alone to fend for myself (which is nothing new). I glare coldly at Blondie.

"I'll assume you have something other than squirrel nuts in your head, so start talking before I lose my senses to Father Time." I snarl.