I really tried to fight it but it was too much, Jade. I hope you never find this letter because the last thing I want to do is fill your life with grief. You already sacrificed so much for all of us and I'm sorry I couldn't do the same.

Maybe if I had been a little stronger, a bit older, or even just half as wise as you, I would've survived. Believe me, the last thing I wanted was to leave you alone.

I had to do this, Jade. I had to make sure that you and Sirius will have a good life. At least I'll die in peace knowing that you two are still together. Please don't cry for me and don't blame yourself. I know how much your mind wanders sometimes. Don't cry for me. I died a happy man knowing that my brother and best friend are happy and together.

I love you, Jade. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for being there for me when everyone else turned their backs on me.

Love,
R.A.B."

"Well shit." I cried and looked at the ceiling. "Regulus, you stupid son of a bitch."

"Auntie? Where are you going?" Bill asked once I stood up.

"You'll see."

"Oh no. SIRIUS! WAKE UP!"

...

"You!"

"Oh can it, Walburga. I have shit to say and you better shut up and listen, or I'll make you." I crossed my arms and glared at her. "What happened to Regulus? What happened to your perfect son? Huh? Care to enlighten me?"

"I have nothing-"

"Wrong answer. Let me tell you what happened. He's dead. Regulus Arcturus Black is fucking dead and there's no one to blame but yourself. He wanted a family, a mother. He wanted his home to become a safe place, not a battleground. They just wanted a home. They just wanted to be accepted." I sneered.

"The bastard-"

"Huh? Bastard what? You birthed him, Walburga. Both of them. Just because one of them turned out a little different, it doesn't mean that he didn't need his mother. Do you have any idea how many tears I wiped? How many times I had to assure Regulus that everything was going to be okay? And what about Sirius? He just wanted his mother. He just wanted you. All I want to know is why? Just why?"

"I don't have to take any of this, especially from a worthless-"

"Mother, enough. Take your anger out on me, but not her. It's about time you shut up, huh?" Sirius stepped in and closed the curtain. "Care to explain, sunshine?"

"Regulus! He's- he's-" I couldn't finish my sentence because I started to cry. Sirius pulled me into a hug and I was full on sobbing.

"It's okay. I'm here and so is Moony. We're here, Vix." Sirius rocked us back and forth and I gripped his shirt.

"It's not okay. It'll never be okay!" I sobbed.

"Why?" I handed Sirius the letter and he started to cry. "Regulus, you stupid son of a bitch!"

Sirius opened the curtain and Walburga screamed so loud that everyone woke up and walked down the stairs.

"SHAME UPON MY-"

"DO YOU EVER SHUT UP!? I'M THE BASTARD SON! WE GOT THAT CLEAR THANKS FOR FUCKING REMINDING ME! GUESS WHAT MOTHER? MY LITTLE BROTHER IS FUCKING DEAD AND IT'S YOUR FAULT! YLUR FUCKING FAULT! THE PERFECT SON DIED AND THE BASTARD LIVED!" Sirius punched the wall next to the portrait and Bill pulled me towards him.

"Just in case, auntie." He whispered and I nodded.

"Why? He was a kid! Just graduated and had his entire life ahead of him. But no! You had to suck him into a war that NONE OF US WANTED! You tried so hard to tear us apart, but Jade became the glue that held us together. My little brother's death is on your fucking conscience. Happy now? Now do us all a favor and shut the hell up!" Sirius punched the wall one last time and closed the curtain.

"Great! Bloody brilliant! Now, SET THE PORTRAIT ON FIRE!"

"JAMES!"

"I could tell you stories about that demon that will make Voldemort seem like child's play. Don't pick that fight with me, Lils."

"What happened!?" Ron asked. Ginny hit him upside in the head and walked down the stairs.

"We should put your hand on ice, Sirius." She said forcing Sirius to walk to the kitchen. I looked at the kids who were looking at me for answers.

"I think it's time you all get to bed. We'll see you in the morning." I said and walked to the kitchen. "That means you too, Ginny. I can handle this."

"But-"

"It's okay, Ginny. I've cleaned worse wounds than this." I smiled softly and she nodded in understanding and left. "What am I going to do with you?"

"I dunno. I just had to get that off my chest." Sirius mumbled. I sighed grabbing a small towel and started to clean his knuckles. "I think there's blood on the walls."

"Yeah? Wouldn't be the first time you punched these walls. You seem to forget that Reg sent me pictures of your bloody knuckles." I chuckled.

"Just why? Why him?"

"Because he wanted us to have a better life. That's why." I shrugged and wrapped his knuckles. "There, all better. You wanna talk about it?"

"No. Not tonight. I've got half a mind to yell at her again." Sirius mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"That's what she wants, Siri. We'll avenge Reg's death. He will not die in vain. I won't let him. I love your brother like he was my own, Sirius. We will avenge his death. His and Prongs' and Doe's. That's a promise."

"But how?" He sobbed and I hugged him.

"I'll take care of it personally."

The Aftermath (Sequel to The Fifth Marauder) (BOOK 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara