Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Bella, he is seventeen." Narcissa pleaded. Arabella closed her eyes. It had been the same fight since the start of the school year. "Draco, he doesn't need that kind of-."

"How dare you question our lord?" Bellatrix looked at her mother with crazed eyes. Jenna felt her grip on her wand tighten. "He wants Draco to do it so Draco will do it." She cackled lightly and apparated away.

  Narcissa fell into the nearest chair. Knowing her daughter was near, she held out a hand ready for her to take. Arabella slowly approached her mother and knelt next to her. She ignored the hand completely and continued to grip her wand. Narcissa opened one of her blue eyes and looked at her daughter. Arabella had the same curls as Bella, only they were glossy and tamed. Her bright, unique, blue-colored eyes were filled with sadness and her red, plump lips were in a frown.

  They had all admired Arabella's unique beauty. Where her family had been tall, Ara was short. Her dark brown hair made her stand out amongst her brother and father. Narcissa was blessed with curves after her pregnancies where her daughter seemed to inherit them from somewhere. Thankfully, everything else about her was Narcissa. The pair almost looked identical in the face.

"When did you get home, my sweet?" Narcissa asked, her tone much different than it had been.

Ara smiled, "I informed Professor Flitwick that I wasn't feeling well. He allowed me to return home for the weekend."

An eagle amongst the serpents, Lucius and Narcissa hadn't been surprised. What surprised them the most was the hat stall their friend, Severus, had informed them about. It had taken the hat six minutes and twenty-seven seconds to decide if Ara belonged in Slytherin or Ravenclaw. "Her brains have always outwitted her cunning." Lucius had said.

"Sometimes," Narcissa smirked. "I can't believe that hat put you in Ravenclaw over Slytherin." She cupped her daughter's cheek lightly.

Narcissa called for one of the manor's elves to bring tea in for them. It had been a rainy day but the sun, shockingly, had come out. It's warmth spreading throughout the ancient grounds. Out of the four, Narcissa and Arabella had become the unbreakable duo during this dark time. Lucius was trying to get back in Voldemort's good graces. His quest blinding him from seeing those who needed him most.

The library doors burst open suddenly, "Cissa, I found a wa-." Lucius stopped when he saw his daughter standing next to his wife. "Arabella."

"Father," Ara titled her head forward a little. "Mum was just catching up with me about school."

"Yes, school." Lucius tensed. "Where Severus is supposed to be keeping an eye on you so that you will stay safe."

Ara rolled her eyes, "Draco gets to come home."

"He has to, dear." Narcissa wrapped an arm around her. "For meetings."

"There's going to be a war." Lucius declared. "You need to stay out of it. We will send you wherever that may be when the time comes."

"Dumbledore said the same thing." Ara shrugged out of her mother's side embrace. Her father looked at her dumbfounded. "And I'm staying."

He raised his chin, "So, you've already decided who you're fighting for." Narcissa watched has her daughter and husband had a silent face off. Something that was normal to see lately.

"I've no idea what you're talking about." She pulled out a small galleon and flipped it in the air. "I'll be in my room."
__________________________________
Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Sunday, 29th of March, 2020

"Anita!"

Jenna wrapped her arms tightly around her grandmother. It had nearly been three weeks since they had seen one another. A tight knit pair like themselves could never go longer than that without visits. Anita's stay at St. Mungos was kept private, as both the Malfoy's and Black's were donors to the hospital.

"My darling girl," Anita whispered, rubbing Jenna's upper arms gently, "I missed you." She hugged her again.

"Grandmother!" Draco greeted her with the same excitement. "It's been ages. I was wondering when the bloody hell that place was going to release you."

"Draco Lucius, watch your mouth!" Narcissa was horrified. "We do not speak that way." Her children rolled their eyes as they escorted Anita to the couch. The rest of them following.

"Gran, how are you feeling?" asked Jenna as her and Draco took a seat on the couch with Anita. "Last time Draco and I got to see you, you didn't look the best."

Anita's green eyes had gone wide. She looked at someone for help. The group was in the same amount of shock she was. None of them really listening to what Jenna had to say. Her smile had gone away after watching Anita get hurt, but quickly returned. Draco's chest puffed out a little with pride, knowing his sister was finally excepting them.

Jenna tucked a piece of hair behind her ear,"Why is everyone looking at me like that?" She looked around the room filled with sorrow, shock filled faces.

"Did you not hear what you called Anita?" asked Draco.

"If it was inappropriate, I tend to do that when I'm stressed, nervous, or angry." Jenna defended.

"You called me gran." Anita said, her voice cracking slightly.

"What else would I call you?"
__________________________________

*Before the comments start rolling in yes; a certain part of this chapter will be important later. (: