One

"Pretentious Bitch" Those were the last words my mother spoke to me before taking my baby siblings and moving across the globe with her shiny new husband number five leaving me alone in London. Ironic words considering I'm a 23-year-old university dropout and a single mother besides, but obviously she had high hopes for me till the bitter end.

So broke, alone and with no obvious choice for a career I did what anyone in my situation would do and channeled the burning hatred within me and joined an underground fighting ring, growing up with pedos next door apparently does have its advantages because after over three years I am still undefeated. Obviously this doesn't make me seem like the most ideal candidate to parent a four-year-old but turns out if you're good enough the whole beating people for money thing can be quite lucrative and kids love nothing more than eating and sleeping so being able to afford food and rent comes in real handy. The organization is run by an old 'friend' who I called in a favor with a bit after Hope was born, when I realized wading tables wasn't enough to pay the bills.

_____________________

I was on my way to get Hope from daycare, when my phone started to vibrate. I fumbled to pull off my gloves in an effort to answer the device before the caller, probably Harry, got too impatient and hung up again. He owns and runs the entire 'organization', and also happened to be Hope's father, but he doesn't necessarily need to know that. His voice scratched through the speaker before I could even bring it to my ear.

"Big fight Saturday, should pay pretty well, you in?" He asked entirely disregarding my polite greeting, Harry's usual way of conversing, point first pleasantries later.

"When am I not? What time and against who?" I asked already considering which organ to sell to pay for childcare on a Saturday.

"It's at 10:30pm maybe later depending on the other fights, against a new guy, he just joined the other day. Figured you could put him in his place, his name is Zen or something like that." I nodded absently as he continued. "Oh by the way, how is Hope I haven't seen her in a long time." He asked in a much friendlier tone.

"Yeah yeah I'll be there, Hope is great. I don't bring her to fight clubs much. It kind of kills the whole lesson every parent tries to teach their kid about not hitting." Harry just chuckled. "I will bring her by some time if you insist but just for a little bit."

"Alright, you have a good night Theodora." Harry said, a smile playing in his voice.

"If you don't stop calling me by my full name I'll castrate you in your sleep." I replied in a sickly sweet tone enjoying the audible gulp that echoed through the receiver. My mother named me Theodora Elizabeth Jones, but since no one takes a Disney princess seriously I've gone by Teddy since before I can even remember, and no one but Harry insisted on calling me something else.

"Okay point made." I could almost hear him cringe.

I just chuckled before wishing him a good night and ending the call.

I guess I was calling in Louis and Niall again. I had known both Louis and Niall since I was in pull ups, they had been dating for as long as I could remember and they were both by my side during me and Harry's turbulent relationship, then my pregnancy and later Hope's colic phase and everything since, now they were always there to babysit when I need to go to work. I don't think I would have survived without them honestly. However, recently I had hardly seen them without Hope and I was starting to feel bad, I made myself a mental note to drop Hope off at the daycare and take them out for lunch one of these days.

________________

"Alright baby, Mommy is gonna go now, be nice to Uncle Lou and Uncle Niall." I said to the little girl as I leaned down to kiss her hair.