Chapter 14: The Blue Spirit

Start from the beginning

"Thats nice. Are you almost done?" Aang anxiously looks up at her.

"Hold on, I just need to add one last ingredient. Oh, sandalwood? Oh yes- no that won't do." She walks past some plants, muttering to herself. "Banana leaf? Eh, nope. Ginger root? uh-uh. Oh, where is that pesky little plant?" Aang facepalms.

"Oh! Here's what I was looking for- plum blossom."

"Finally! Thanks for all your help." Aang tries to take the bowl form her hands and she hits him with a branch. 

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Taking the cure to my friends!" He cradles his hand.

"Oh! ha ha, this isn't a cure. It's Miyuki's dinner. Plum blossom's her favorite."

"What about my friends?"

"Well, all they need is some frozen wood frogs. There's plenty of them down in the valley swamp."

"What am I supposed to do with frozen frogs?" Aang gives her an incredulous look.

"Why suck on them, of course!" She sends him a grin.

"S-suck on them?"

"The frog skin excretes a substance that'll cure your friends, but make sure you get plenty. Once those little critters thaw out, they're useless."

A moment of silence passes. "You're insane, aren't you?"

"That's right!" She turns to look at him once more. "Well, don't stand there all day- go!" She flings some of the cat food on his face, and it covers his eyes in gunk.

~~

Aang runs outside, wiping the cat food out of his face, and gets arrows nearly piercing his feet, but trapping the cloth of his shoes to the ground. He looks up and notes tons more arrows making their way towards him, but he deflects them with his Airbending. He yanks one of the arrows out of his shoe and lays it in his palm. "Uh, I think you dropped this." Looking up he notices multiple men pulling arrows off their backs and pointing them at him.

Aang tries to take out the second arrow from his shoe, and narrowing misses six arrows piercing through his body. He dodges some more, and runs in the opposite direction when he notices some of the marksmen drop form the trees. Aang flings himself off of a cliff to get away, but the men follow, landing far more gracefully than Aang who falls through the trees. 

Aang jumps from tree to tree until he tries to run on water, falling through and picking up a frozen frog. "A frog!" 

But an arrow separates his hand and the frog, making Aang walk through the muddy water and picking up as many frogs as he could find. While he picks up another frog, an arrow find its way through his sleeve and to a fallen tree, trapping Aang there with many more arrows. To minimize the arrows coming towards him he Waterbends a wave to cover him and freezes it over, but the amount of arrows that come towards it makes it break eventually. The arrows now trap his other arm, and a net is throw over Aang's body.

~~

Aang is now cuffed through all limbs, guarded by four guards in a tower in the Fire Nation. 

"So this is the great Avatar, master of all elements. I don't know how you have manage to elude the Fire Nation for a hundred years, but your little game of hand and seek is over." Admiral Zhao walks around him, analyzing the boy.

"I've never hidden from you!" Aang growls. "Untie me and I'll fight you right now!"

"Uh, no. Tell me, how does it feel to be the only Airbender left? Do you miss your people?" Zhao taunts. "Oh, don't worry, you won't be killed like they were. See, if you die, you'll just be reborn and the Fire Nation will have to begin its search for the Avatar all over again." He sneers at Aang, "So I'll keep you alive, but just barely."