Demetri asked. "Um, yea I guess I could drive all of you". Ugh I hope I get another chance to talk to him, I was kind of upset that it wasn't going to be just me and him in the car.

When we pulled into Miguel's apartment complex I saw the blond guy from the mini mart. "Look that guys back from jail! Maybe I should ask him if he could teach us all those crazy moves he was doing yesterday".

Miguel exclaimed. "What moves?". Demetri asked. "He was fighting off these two guys with some karate or something, it was pretty cool". I answered Demetri.

"I'm gonna ask him, you guys can wait inside my house. Then we can get started on the work". Miguel said.

All three of us headed inside where Miguel's grandma was cooking. "I guess take out the homework and we can start".

I said. Miguel then walked in with a sad look on his face. "The guy said no, he seems like a jackass".

He said. He seemed really upset, and I could tell why. Those kids at the mini mart were definitely going to bother Miguel again sometime soon and this time that blond guy won't be there to help.

"I would say I'm pretty alright at Algebra 2 so how about I help Miguel and y/n can help Eli". Demetri suggested. "That's not a bad idea".

Miguel said. Yes, maybe finally I will get to know this kid better. "So it's Y minus K equals A then put in parentheses X minus H squared". I explained to Eli.

He just looked up at me and stared. His eyes were so pretty. "Um, are you okay?". I asked him. He quickly glanced away.

Ugh he was probably staring at that stupid gash on my cheek. "Yeah sorry, uh thanks I get it a little better now". Eli said.

Every time I looked at him he kept getting cuter. Was I really developing a crush on this kid that I met today.

Who probably knows me as Miguel's weird friend. I was trying to deny it all day but I just couldn't anymore.

We finished the homework and were all just watching TV and hanging out. *Phone rings* Great, just to ruin my mood.

"My moms calling I'll be right back. I went across the hall far enough so they wouldn't hear me. "Hello?" I said.

"Where have you been y/n! School and home. Not school and then god knows where! It's so late and we're worried fucking sick about you because your car isn't in the driveway.

You never tell me anything! Come home right now!". My mom screamed through the phone. "Mom I'm sorry I'm at my friends house I was just helping them with homework but I'll get home now". I said.

Shit...what was I going to tell Eli and Demetri, I drove them both here. "You better be here soon, you don't want last night to happen again" she yelled back. 

"Why is HE at our house, and tell him I said thanks for that, It was my first day of school and all of my friends noticed. I had to say it was the cat. Leo would never scratch me". I said angrily.

Maybe I should have held back a little. "You better fucking get home soon, and WE aren't there but I have your location remember, and I don't trust you. I want to see that you're at home in 20 minutes". She yelled.

"Okay goodbye". I sighed. It's fine I can get Demetri and Eli home in time if we leave now. I was just glad she wasn't at there with her boyfriend.

Eli's POV
Right when I saw y/n walking with Miguel I noticed her right away. I had never been so thankful for Demetri for asking them to sit with us, and now she was helping me with my work!

But I can already tell shes latched onto Miguel. There's no use in even trying to be with her. No one likes the kid who gets bullied, or the one with a weird lip.

But at least I could be friends with her. I was being such an idiot, I couldn't stop staring at her. But I couldn't help it. Even with that cat scratch she was one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen before.

She was talking on the phone with her mom when I had to take a piss. "Uh Miguel...where's the bathroom?". I asked. "It's right down the hall just where y/n went". He replied. I started to head down the hall when I heard y/n on the phone.

I didn't want to eavesdrop but I couldn't help it. "-and tell him I said thanks for that, It was my first day and all my friends noticed. I had to say it was the cat. Leo would never scratch me". She said angrily.

What? I felt a wave of red hot anger quickly fall over my body. Who the fuck is "he" and why did he hurt y/n. Wait, why am I being so protective.

Calm down Eli you just met her....and I think I already like her. "Okay goodbye". I heard y/n say. Shit. I quickly ran into the bathroom.

Your POV
"My mom said I have to head home for dinner so I should probably drive you guys home, where's Eli?". I asked.

"He just went to the bathroom". Demetri answered. "Oh okay". Eli walked out of the bathroom which...crap.

It was close to where I was talking on the phone with my mom I hope he didn't hear me say anything about her boyfriend or my cut.

I drove Demetri home and was heading to Eli's when a I heard a loud skid coming from my left. I looked quickly to the side and saw bright lights coming fast flashing into my eyes.

All of a sudden I felt Eli's arms circle around me and protecting me over my shoulders and torso. I shut my eyes hard and everything went black.

VOTE!!!!!❤️❤️❤️