Defeated, I sighed once dramatically, and then started to walk away. I guess I’m just going to have to ask someone else for his name.

            Then suddenly Christian spoke, making me stop and turn back around. “But if you must know, his name was Luciano Bellini. The Bellini family own a multi million dollar company and our project deal is with them too. Like me, Luciano is also the heir to the company once his father decides to retire.”

            Luciano Bellini. That’s one delicious name. A smile unconsciously found its way upon my lips. Mm, Valerie Bellini, that seems to have a nice ring to it. Our wedding wouldn’t have to be too grand, just some close family members, and then we can settle down in Italy in a big house with—

            “What’s with the face? You’re smiling like I just told you that I’m related to Brad Pitt or something.”

            My smile instantly vanished and I was brought out of my daydream of marrying the cute Italian… for now.

            “Oh and by the way, there’s a party tonight, well it is more like a business gathering or maybe a peace offering. I’m not sure, but my father has something planned out. Dress accordingly, because it is close to a beach.” He looked at his watch and frowned. Then the jerk walked away without even saying a goodbye.

            So I did something immature; I crossed my eyes and stuck my tongue out at his back. Ha! Take that!

            “Careful amore mio, I do not think David or Christian would appreciate that.” A deep chuckle sounded from behind me, making me jump.

            I turned around in came face to face with the cute Italian g— I mean Luciano Bellini.

            I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as his words sank in. Amore mio, what does that mean?

            He chuckled again. “Maybe I will tell you one day.”

            Upon realization that I had spoken my thoughts out loud, I felt my face become a darker shade of red which I didn’t think was possible.

            And that was when we had one of those movie moments. You know where everything else becomes quiet and slow, romantic music starts playing in the background. And the guy gets lost in the girl’s eyes, just as I –the girl– got lost in Luciano Bellini’s warm, caramel eyes.

            Then something really strange and absurd happened, the romantic music stopped and instead a dog started barking. Weird, I know. The dog barked and barked and it just wouldn’t stop. I didn’t even know dogs were allowed in here.

            And now Luciano was snapping his fingers in front of my face, and I think he was snapping them to the beat of the dog barking. I also think the dog was barking to the tune of Old MacDonald Had a Farm.