Sing for you

Jennie

I woke up early as ever today, I stood up from my bed and did my morning routine. I went downstairs and waited for mom to finish making my breakfast. My mom is a busy woman but she still does this things for me and you can tell that I'm lucky to have a mom like her.

"You're extra happy today. What's up?" Mom placed the plate with bacons and eggs in front of me and sat on the chair. "We have a mini concert today." Our 1 week vacation has ended and the university has this tradition to throw a mini concert to welcome the students and hype them up. We're on to our last rehearsal later after class and I feel excited.

Arriving at school, I saw Jungkook and Nayeon waiting for me at the school gate. Jungkook is our band guitarist while Nayeon is on the keyboard. We went inside together and exchanged stories about our 1 week vacation. Jk spent his vacation with his family at their beach resort— he always has the best vacations among the three of us. Nayeon and I just spent ours at home, we prefer it like that.

"How's the shop doing, Jen?" Nayeon put her arms around my shoulder and pulled me close. "It's doing fine, I guess. I mean, people has internet now and they could download all the songs they want but there are still some who prefers to play songs with compact disks." Jungkook nodded and ruffled my hair. He's always like that.

While I was fixing my hair, I saw a familiar figure from afar and I unconsciously ran through the hallways to see if I'm correct. Unfortunately, it wasn't her.

"Why did you suddenly run?" Nayeon catch up to me breathing heavily. "I thought it was someone I know." I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. "Is it someone I know?" I haven't told Nayeon about what happened on my last day at the shop yet. It's been 3 days since I met Lisa at the shop and since then, I have been thinking about her constantly.

I told Jungkook and Nayeon about Lisa and they said they could help me find her but I politely said no. It's not that I don't wanna see her, I just don't know what to say when she's finally in front of me. I am not a good conversationalist, maybe that's why I loved singing.

My last class for the day ended early, I made my way to the studio to rehearse with the band. Last time, they made me pick the last song and I don't know why an image of Lisa smiling instantly popped up in my head with my favorite song playing on the background. It didn't made sense then but now it felt so right.

When we finished rehearsing, we went backstage to change into casual clothes because it's awkward to perform with our school uniforms on. Nayeon once suggested doing it and everyone looked at her as if she was some weirdo.

I feel excited but nervous at the same time and this is new because I don't feel nervous during performances. Backstage, we can hear the students loud cheering and it became even louder when we went up the stage.

I have calmed down now. I scanned through the crowd hoping to find Lisa but I can't see her. It was a big crowd, what could I expect?

"Long time no see, everyone! This first song is highly requested and we've thought of singing this for all of you in this special day. Electric love by BØRNS." Jungkook will be singing the first two songs so i took over the guitar for awhile.

The crowd obviously loved the songs we played, they were dancing and lifting their hands up— forgetting about the deadlines and feeling the moment.

We finished two more songs but I still can't spot Lisa in the crowd. Even her friends are nowhere to be found. Maybe Lisa is too busy to be my fan for today.

"Hey, did you see her already?" Jungkook asked me. "I guess she can't come this time." He tapped my shoulder and I handed him his guitar. This is the last song and if I can't see Lisa, I'd be damned. I want her to see me sing this one.