17. | 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙

Start from the beginning

you examined the said coach, who had been assisting the students with his arms crossed, sitting on the bench that settled near the wall across from the door. he seemed to be in his early 40's, seeing that there were faint wrinkles on his face. a soft smile was bound behind his black-brimmed glasses as he watched over the team.

"will i be a burden, though?"

"no," he replied almost immediately, it almost surprised you how casually he said it. he patted your back in certainty, "i'm sure he'd be pleased to have you here,"

"alright, then." you sighed,

as the two of you approached him, you failed to catch sight of akagi and aran throwing knowing looks at the boy next to you, followed by omimi giving subtle glances.

"coach," kita spoke, earning the attention of the man,

he turned to the captain, only then taking notice of your being. his eyes widened at the sight of you, but it quickly left. it was very faint, but if you looked close enough, you'd be able to see the growing smirk on his face.

"ah, shinsuke, there you are," he spoke, fully turning his body to look at the pair. he sent you a small smile, "i see we have a guest."

"this is l/n-san, she stopped by to share some things with the team, so i had to help her get to the gym." kita explained, placing a hand on your shoulder, "is it okay if she sits with you until practice ends?"

"of course, i wouldn't mind a bit of company," he replied, patting the space next to him. just then did you notice the paper bag that you carried, resting at the other end of the bench; you assumed that atsumu was the one to place it there. "here, you can watch the boys for the time being."

kita's hand that lied on your shoulder quickly shifted to your back, sending an encouraging smile.

"go on, i'll be here if you need help."

"right, thank you, kita-san." you nodded at him, taking a seat on the bench.

he only smiled in response, jogging back to his teammates.

"i haven't introduced myself, have i?" you heard the man beside you speak, causing you to look at him. he held out his hand, shooting a welcoming grin, "kurosu norimune, please call me coach kurosu."

"a-ah, l/n y/n, nice to meet you, coach," you shook his hand.

"you seem to be close with shinsuke, are you his girlfriend?"

his question caught you off guard, a dark shade of pink dusting your cheeks. you frantically shook your head, waving your hands to dismiss the question.

"n-no! i'm not, he's just a good friend i met back in tokyo."

"my bad, i shouldn't have jumped to conclusions," he chuckled, "you met him in tokyo?"

"yep," you responded, eyes traveling to the court. "i bumped into him while buying groceries."

"i see, you're form tokyo, l/n-san?"

"i am, i'm just in hyogo because my dad thinks i need a break." you sighed, playfully rolling your eyes at your dad's doing, "he's not wrong, though, i really did need to take a rest from everything, i just really miss my friends."