Chapter nine

Please read the note at the end since I have a small question enjoy~

"Are all of you readyyyyy???" Nifa shouted -with so much energy that it was annoying- at both her and Levi's squad.
'Nifa no offense but please shut up it's too early for this..'

It was the day of the expedition and I wasn't that excited we were leaving at 6 in the morning and I was still half a asleep and mentally in my bed, not even in the training corps did we have to be awake at 6am and it was painful.

Nevertheless I made my way over to my horse and got on getting ready for leaving the scouts building to find the herbs that were needed for the medicine, I just hoped that the pain reliever would work it would be magic on outside expeditions and maybe just maybe It would be able to get rid of less bad things like headaches or muscle pain wich I would appreciate as well.

Getting pulled out of my thoughts I heard captain Levi make an announcement, "Listen here all of you we will leave in 10 minutes remember to always stay in the formation and stay in a group, just because this isn't an outside expedition doesn't mean it's not dangerous and I won't take the blame if one of you idiots gets lost now get ready to head out."

"Encouraging words really aren't his forte don't you think..?" I whispered to Connie who was sitting on his horse next to me also looking quite disappointed with the captains words, "For real couldn't he have said something nice for once.."

"Do you have something to say to me?"

'Shit'

I wish I would be in the wrong about my assumption when I heard that voice but the universe didn't seem to like me today so when I did turn my head to look at the calm -in fact almost too calm voice- I was even more disappointed to find Levi himself staring at us with a nasty glare.

"NO Sir uhh.. we were just excited about the expedition that's all!" I replied maybe a little too quick but early enough before Connie would blurt something out that could get us 25 extra laps during training.

Not giving us a last glance Captain Levi turned back around muttering something along the lines of us being undisciplined pigs if I heard him correct.

'Who peed in this mans tea this morning?"

"Damn F/Nnnn first expedition and you've already insulted the captain you're being really smooth there, that doesn't seem really good for you.." only one person would say that, only one dude that I knew.

"Jean... just please.. shut up, would you do that for me please?" I replied in the same teasing tone he used before.
"No I don't th-"

"ALL OF YOU ON YOUR HORSES WE'RE LEAVING"

Sending a smirk to Jean I made my way over to the others ignoring his quiet muttering following behind me.

~

By now we were all swinging through the forest and I had already gathered around 17 flowers they were pretty easy to spot with their light green colour meanwhile the rest of the trees and bushes around it were a darker shade of green.
Even though I saw that Mikasa and Captain Levi had both already gathered more than 30 plants I was proud of the amount I had collected, it was weirdly easy for me to find the plants and swoop them up in my hands.

Currently I was putting all the plants that I had found in the bags my horse was carrying quickly getting ready to swing back into the forest that we were currently in.

"OI F/N HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE??" Jean shouted as he came landing 20 meters away from me putting his plants away as well.
"17 AS OF NOW BUT ILL TRY TO FIND SOME MORE SEE YA!" I said before running and shooting the grappling hooks into the nearby trees to push myself up in the air with help of the gas tanks attached to my waist.

It was around 4 hours later and the green signal flare to retreat was fired by now I had collected a big amount of the needed herbs and I was proud to say the least, the intense training the past few days really paid of and I could already tell my senses were better than before.
And even though I didn't like to admit it I had to give captain Levi credit for that, his training paid of extremely well and I realised he really just wanted his squad to be on top of their game and it seemed to work.

"Alright listen up brats we will travel to the next forest east from here and collect the plants there for around 5 hours since it's a big one after that we should have enough and head back before it gets dark." Levi spoke, getting ready to settle on his horse.

Doing the same thing as he did I walked over to my horse getting ready when I heard Jean from beside me, "you did a really good job F/N you have almost the same amount of plants that Connie has."
"Thanks Jean but still your 3dmg skills are even more impressive you got almost as much as Mikasa."
Seeing the smallest blush bloom on his face I felt myself getting slightly flustered but happy that I had that effect on him.
"T-thanks you are constantly getting better though s-so congrats!"
'Awe he stutters when he's nervous he can really be adorable' not really knowing what to reply to his words I just sent him a smile and got on my horse ready to leave to the next destination.

~~

'FINALLY' the expedition was finished and we were heading back to the headquarters. I was really happy especially since I collected nearly 60 plants making me one of the best on this mission and I was even more excited when Nifa praised me for it. She really became one of my favourite people in the scouts always being authoritative but funny and nice at the same time.

Currently I was heading to dinner before I would take a shower and finally go to sleep after the exhausting day, walking faster towards the dinner hall the more I heard the mild relaxed chattering from other scouts and squad leaders, I was excited to talk to the others about the day since I almost didn't see them during the expedition itself.

"F/N OVER HERE!" Sasha waved simultaneously patting the seat beside her enthusiastically.
Sitting down beside her with my tray of food I gave a quick hug starting a conversation with the excited girl "Sashaaa and? how did you do today I saw the captain speaking to you after we had arrived."
"Oh yeah, he told me that I did quite okay on the expedition and was quite surprised at my skill." She said dreamily, not gonna lie I was impressed it was extremely rare that the captain gave compliments or even praise someone so I can just imagine how much it meant to her.
"That's so cool maybe you'll be the next squad leader who knows." I said winking at her while smiling, blushing slightly she replied "awe could you imagine captain Sasha Blouse that sounds powerful...also F/N you will surely give me your leftover bread roll right..? Right??"
Slightly laughing I gave her my bread roll and focused on my own slightly bland soup trying to make the most of it,
What I didn't notice was Jean staring at me from across the table with pink splotches on his cheeks.

A/N

Important question: I'm thinking that FAR in the future I will maybe make a mature chapter however in the future with time skip Jean since he isn't an adult during this time and I only feel comfortable with him being a mature age so let me know if you are comfy with that!

If you want you can stop reading the A/N now !!

I just know that if Jean had a crush on someone he would be a stuttering and blushing mess.

Also this book reached more than 200 reads so fast (even though I never expected that) wich makes me so happy and gave me even more motivation to get better at writing stories.

Last thing I love Sasha sm so I decided to give her a small lil moment with F/N :)

Sry that the A/N is so long but I always have something to say heh.

Stay healthy and don't forget to drink water <3 :)