Isaac appeared in the office, and before I could even say a ‘Good morning sir,’ or in my dream ‘Suck holy water Satan,’ he stepped into his study and slammed the door.

When I had first set eyes on Isaac, I had thought he was a God like creature, come to make me dream of him and tempt me. With his ice blue eyes, tall muscular build and short brunette hair, I couldn’t help but to think that I had finally met my ideal man.

But Fate had different plans for me, because like every beautiful man in the world, the only person they love is themselves and the peanut sized compassion that they hold is only resolved for the people that come second best in his life.

I sighed and shook myself out of my misery, and stood up with the files in my hands.

Because like any PA who had worked with their boss for two years, I know his every move and gesture.

Sure enough, Isaac called me to bring in the files. When I showed up in his office a second after his call, he looked up at me with surprise filtering his face. Immediately my day brightened just by seeing that dumbstruck look on his face.

I placed the files on his desk and walked out, knowing that if he wanted anything else he’d just call me rather than save me the trouble then and there.

Just as I had predicted, the phone on my desk began to ring as soon as I sat down, the flashing red light telling me it was Isaac.

“Yes, sir?” I said pleasantly while I pictured him chocking on his coffee that I had given him with his files.

“Call Mr Price in,” He said sharply.

My throat tightened. “Nathan Price?”

I could picture him roll his eyes, “Yes, who else? I want to talk to him, so send him in right now.”

I heard him slam the phone down before I heard the dial tone. But I was too busy glaring at his office door, hoping that Satan would just take him down to the bowels of hell already.

Because I knew exactly why he wanted to talk to him, and I couldn’t bare it. Nathan was my first friend here, the person who always had my back. And calling him in would be like signing his death warrant that ensured his soul would be sold.

I took another deep breath, trying to calm the guilt, pity and hatred that swirled inside of me.

I picked up the phone and dialled the number of the telephone in his cubicle.

“Hey Nicole, what’s up? Is the devil gone?” He said in a hushed voice, but I could tell he was smiling.

I closed my eyes as my hands tightened around the phone. “No, he’s still here. He asked me to call you, to tell you to come into his office.”

He was quiet, and I knew he was catching on. He sighed, and if I wasn’t mistaken, it was one of relief.

“Alright, I’m coming. I’m glad it was you who called me beforehand,” he said quietly, and before I could reply he hung up.

I put down the phone and put my head in my hands. All the while chanting in my head, ‘I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I HATE him!’

The glass doors opened, and I put my head up. Nathan smiled at me reassuringly. I smiled back as much as I could, but the guilt inside of me tripled.

I hoped to God that for once I was wrong about Isaac’s intentions, because Nathan didn’t deserve it all. He was a hard worker, and he had a great eye for co-ordinating colours.

Not to mention that he was a single parent of two, ad it was extremely hard to get a job in this industry, especially if you got fired from one of the most prestigious PR businesses in the world.

He knocked on the door, and my hatred boiled hotter when I heard his cold voice telling him to come in.

Nathan walked in and closed the door behind him. I put my head on the desk and waited until they finished, knowing that there was nothing in the world that I could do. It was times like these that I wish I had a cross and a crossbow. Anything to stop this evil.

After 5 minutes, Nate came out, his face flushed and his eyes bright. But he had the biggest smile on his face.

I looked at him in confusion as hope rose within me. Could it be that Isaac had a heart? And instead of firing him, he had told Nathan he had a promotion?

But from his next words, I knew I had been right.

“I got fired, Nikki! I’m free from the bastard! Finally! You have no idea how liberating this is for me!” He said with a smile on his face.

I got up and hugged him, not sure what to say.

“I’m gonna miss you and everyone else, though, that’s for sure.” He said into my hair before pulling away. “But maybe we can all meet up some time so I can say goodbye to you all properly.”

I scrunched up my eyebrows, “Well, you have to pack so you can say goodbye.”

He smiled, pride shining in his eyes. “I can’t pack up; I have to leave now before security comes up.”

I closed my eyes, a grin spreading across my face. “What did you say, Nathan?”

I opened my eyes and saw him walking towards the glass doors, “The absolute truth, Nikki. And nothing but the truth.”

As soon as he was out the doors, Isaac stepped out and glared at me. “Is he still here? If he is then I want security here now! Who in the world does that pig think he is?!”

I fought extremely hard to fight a smile. “He’s already gone, sir.”

He went back into his office and slammed his door, and I started to laugh silently, tears pricking my eyes from happiness and sadness.

Trust Nathan to leave with a bang, oh if only I knew what he had said to get Isaac in such a temper.

And even though I knew I would be the one who would receive his anger, I could only laugh as I once again pictured Isaac’s face.

Purely and utterly priceless.

----------------------------------------------------------

Vote, comment, and if ya wanna FAN!

Love xxxx :D