Lovers of the D-Day meet again 70 years Later

The end of the story is worthy of that of a Walt Disney epic. In 1944, in Great Britain, Joyce Morris, 17, fell under the spell of Norwood Thomas, a 21-year-old American parachutist. Love at first sight is what ensues. They leave each other before the Landing.

When the war is over, Norwood returns home, writes to his sweetheart asking for her hand in marriage. Except that the young woman is mistaken about the content of the letter. She believes his heart is won by another woman and withdraws from the marriage proposal, not following up on the matter.

Each one starts a new life on the side, gets married, one in the United States, the other in Australia. Years go by, Norwood's wife disappears in 2011, Joyce had been divorced for 30 years.

But by chance, she falls on the trail of her love of youth, in a newspaper article reminding her of D-Day. She contacted Norwood, then 93, who resided in Virginia. He hadn't forgotten it.

They meet on Skype, the contact always passes. Norman flies to Adelaide, Australia, in 2016. This was the first Valentine's Day they ever spent together.

6 FREE Books to Spice Up Your Search for A Valentine Date: https://igli.me/activatethelove