(028.) JUMP SCARES AND FRIGHTS

Start from the beginning

"She is a very touchy person, so cuddling is fine," Karl said, raising his eyebrows at Dream. "No funny business! If I find out, me, Corpse, Rae, and Toast, Sykkuno, too, for moral support, will find you and come hunt you down."

"Um, I-okay..."

Clay shivered nervously at Karl's threat. He knew how overprotective Amber's close friends were, especially Corpse and Karl, and to be honest, he was afraid of them and what they could do to him.

"You know what," Clay broke out of his thoughts and Amber looked up at him, "let's try to watch a scary movie. We have each other so we can easily cover each others eyes."

"Let's go!" Amber grinned, getting down from the counter and placing her socked-feet on the wooden floor. "Grab the snacks. Let's go!"

"Amber!" Alani yelled as soon as Amber grabbed some plates for the strawberries. "Can you get me apple slices, chocolate, and juice, please?"

"Going," Amber softly spoke, knowing that her sister could hear her. She turned to look at Clay, passing him a cup. "Can you serve her juice please?"

"Sure."

Clay opened the fridge and took out the juice, spilling it inside the cup. He had held it, watching as Amber quickly cut up apple slices and got another Nutella jar. She had walked away and Clay took that as his cue to follow, so he did.

Upon entering the room, he saw a girl on the bed. He hadn't met Amber's sister, yet, since when he had entered the house, she had been in bed already. Now, here he was, seeing a pregnant girl laying down, resembling a little to Amber.

"Thank you, A," Alani breathed out, sitting up with the help of her sister and Clay, who had rushed to her side while placing the cup on a nightstand. "Thank you, um, Dream, right?"

"Clay," he answered, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you. Heard so much about you."

"Alani and I've heard so much about you, too," Alani smiled. "My big sister here speaks a lot about you."

"Very honored, Amber," Clay chuckled as he eyed the girl who was blushing. She covered her face and shook her head. Clay passed her sister the cup. "Here is your drink."

"Thank you," Alani nodded. "And thank you for the apples and Nutella."

"Yep," Amber nodded. "We're going to be downstairs, so just shout if you need anything."

"Okay. Have fun."

The two waved at her and walked down the stairs, heading towards the living room. They sat on the couch and Amber immediately opened up Netflix first. She had opened up Kendall's account and saw that they watched a bunch of scary movies.

"They told me we should watch Eli," Amber mentioned. "Should we?"

"Sure," Clay nodded, nervously rubbing his hands together. Amber glanced at him and then at her rings, giving him her hand. "What—"

"You can play with my rings," she told him, pressing play on the movie. He smiled and grabbed her hand, her hand smaller compared to his. He twirled her rings around all while hearing the background music of the movie.

As minutes passed, their eyes were trained on everything happening in the film. It wasn't until there was a scene that they knew would have a jump scare that they then covered each other's eyes all while gripping their hands.

"Wait," Clay spoke, "how do we know the scene is finished?"

"We peak?"

At her suggestion, the two trailed their hands down each others faces, eyeing the TV. It wasn't until the jump scare happened that Amber hid her face on Clay's chest and he hid his face on the top of her head, trying his hardest to ignore the background music.

When it was silent, the two looked up and saw that the scene had finished. They breathed out a sigh of relief and Amber rested her forehead on his chest again.

"I'm going to stay here just in case."

"I-okay..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

wow... me? not updating
for a day? a shock! very sorry
about that by the way.

also, excuse me for any errors,
im watching the new series
the vanishing at the Cecil
Hotel while i was writing this
so im distracted but here
is a clue about SMP amber x
SMP dream:

As It Was, Hozier.