We gotta fight with our words then-

Start from the beginning

"Do I look that calculating? That comes as a real shock. It's just intuition. I'm confident in my eye for people."

"I see... However, there's a piece missing from your story."

"Oh yeah?"

"..."

I turn to Kai.

"Hrm.. I am undecided. It pains me to put the responsibility on Miss Y/N. Though, I am not confident in holding a gun myself. So it's a question of who would want to do so. Of course... There is someone who would be suited to such task.. But for some reason, he is not presenting himself as a candidate."

"..."

"Whatever the case, if he refuses it, I have no desire to ask him. How troubling."

Then I turn to Q-Taro.

"Straight to the point: I got experience handlin' guns. So leave bein' the Challenger to me. Not a lotta people in this country who handle guns. My experience is valuable, ain't it?"

"We don't know what the game entails... But if it requires skill with guns, then yes."

"Right! I ain't thinkin' a single thought about keepin' my own hide safe. I'm jus' considerin' the best way to beat this game."

"I-... I do get what you're saying, but.." Joe got cut off by Q-Taro. "You guys gotta think about it rationally."

"...It's not like we're not thinking either, okay?"

Keiji turns to Q-Taro. "Q-Taro, even if you do have experience, I can't trust you" (YOU SAID THAT LIKE 1,000 TIMES, KEIJI! STOP!) "Whyzat?! Ain't experience important for this?!"

"It's because I can't imagine this game requires skill with a gun."

"Say what?"

"Look at the room. Aren't these dolls curious? I'm betting... they're dummy targets."

"Dummies?" Q-Taro asks.

"Shoot a human, or shoot a doll... That's probably what the game's about." Q-Taro stayed silent. "What's important is a cool head. The targets can't move from the chairs anyhow."

"I'm always cool-headed.. Believe it or not."

"Even when you're pointing a gun at someone?" I ask.

"...!"

"It's an awful thing, when the person you're looking at could die by your hand. You ever experienced that?" Keiji asked.

"I trust someone determined to save everyone more than an amateur with average training." "I get it. Maybe I might not be up for it... But still! I got more to say." "Suppose I'll listen..."

Progress

"Keiji! Doesn't that mean we should have you be the Challenger?! You must've been in tons of gunfights in your line o' work!" Q-taro said. Keiji stayed silent. "T-That is true..." Joe said.

"Indeed, I was wondering about that myself. Why the policeman, who would be most suitable, is not recommending himself."

"...Guess you would think so, huh..." Keiji said at he looked to the side. "If I'm gonna put my life on the line, I want the most dependable person I can get. If it ain't me, then it's Keiji... you're the only one."

"Keiji... What's the matter..?" Joe asked. Keiji still has his mouth shut. "Keiji?" Sara said. "We won't know if you keep quiet!"

"If you refuse, I wish to know the reason. At this rate, it will prove an issue... We cannot end our discussion in the state." Kai said.