"You know very well that I don't need this-"

"On the contrary, you do need this, I saw how obsessive you were over Spider-Man I just needed to cut it back a bit," I reasoned.

"So you lied to me?" Peter scoffed, sitting down on the bed.

"Didn't lie just failed to mention-"

"Yeah well, you've been doing that a lot lately," He cut me off and stood up, he slowly walked over to me not breaking eye contact.

"Is this about me moving?"

"Yes, it is! I'm still mad you didn't tell me about it," He said, his voice rising in volume.

"You're mad? YOU'RE MAD?! I'm sorry, who's the one that just ripped open a multi-billion-dollar suit that took the other months to finish?" I screamed and then the wiring of the suit flashed blue. I looked at the suit then at Ned, "What did you just do?" Ned looked at me like a deer in headlights, the light from his computer accentuated his aghast expression.

"I- um..." I glared at him, "I unlocked the rest of it..." he mumbled.

"You what?" I gritted my teeth.

"Y/N, don't bring Ned into this," Peter warned, I looked at them both in disbelief.

"Fine. Since it's so important for you to prove yourself, I guess you don't need my help," I spat and threw the disheveled spandex at him, grabbing my snacks from the ground. I made sure to slam the door behind me to add to that dramatic exit, just because I'm livid doesn't mean I can't be extra.

***

"I know you're silently crying over there, what's up?" I could hear MJ close her book.

"Nothing, can't a girl cry while eating a bag of hot Cheetos?" I popped another chip in my mouth.

"I mean don't get me wrong that's one of my favorite pastimes but I know that's not the case. What's going on?" At this point, she came over to my bed.

"It's Peter." Michelle groaned. "I know, I know, you don't really like him right now but come on," I sat up and looked at her, "you and I both know he hasn't been himself lately."

"Tell me about it, at this point if I were given the choice to be stuck in a room with Hannibal Lector or Parker, I'd choose Lector," I chuckled.

"It's because of that damn internship he's become so..."

"Obsessive? Flaky? Rude?" She scoffed.

"Exactly, he's trying so hard to prove himself to my dad that he's forgetting that we're-"

"Emotional? Friends? People?"

"Spot on. I mean he took on this big project recently and I've been helping him out, in fact, I just got a call from my dad saying-" Then it hit me, "I'll be right back." I jumped up from the bed and booked it out of the door and up the hall to Ned and Peter's room.

"Hey Y/N!" Dammit, Liz, it's not the time right now.

"Hey..."

"Hey listen me and the rest of the team are gonna go swimming and we were wondering if you and Michelle wanna come?" She asked, smiling that signature smile.

"I really appreciate the offer and I'd love too but MJ and I were actually just about to go to bed. Traveling always tires us out." I chuckled, hoping this conversation would end soon.

"Totally understandable, see you tomorrow!" And with that, she walked away. I continued down the hall and pounded on their door.

"Peter! Peter, open up!" Ned answered the door.

"Hey Y/N I wanted to say-"

"Where's Peter? I need to talk to him." I pushed passed Ned, looking around their room only to find he wasn't there. "Ned... where is Parker?"

"He told me not to tell you." Ned quivered.

"Tell me what?" I clenched my teeth.

"He knew you were mad about the whole suit thing, and I told him it wasn't a good idea but you know he never listens, so he left without you-" he started to go off on a ramble.

"Ned. Where did he go?" I turned around to see Ned's scared expression.

"The lair..."

"WHAT?!"

"I know it sounds bad but Y/N you knew this was part of the plan! Go to Maryland and-"

"Yes but Ned you don't understand we aren't supposed to follow those coordinates!" I lectured.

"I know Mr. Stark told you guys to stop investigating but Y/N that was a week ago-"

"No Ned, I just got a call from my dad saying that he- you know what? Never mind." Talking to Ned about superhero stuff was exhausting, and there was no point in trying to explain. So instead I pulled out my phone and called Peter.

"Hey it's Peter, leave a message!" Damn you. I know you're ignoring my calls. I called him again, "Hey it's Peter, leave a mess-" Shit.

A/N: Hi, so um- I realize that I wrote Ned COMPLETELY out of character (it's been annoying me) but allow me to explain:

 When I was writing about Ned and the whole awkward thing between Peter and Y/N I was in a completely different headspace. I didn't realize until like four chapters in how much of a jerk I made Ned. COMPLETELY UNINTENTIONAL, you know how it is when you get in the groove. But I have it all figured out so please just bear with me on the whole Ned thing.