Episode 1: Statement of Intent

Začít od začátku

But before Pots could finish lecturing him, Yoyo scooped him up and shoved him back into his hood. "Hey!" Pots barked.
"Don't worry, I know just the thing that'll change your mind!" Yoyo was already zooming off a concrete level that cut into another alleyway. He landed perfectly on a street railing and ignited into a fast grind. The streets were busy today, but this worked in Yoyo's favor.

Dogenzaka Hill was known to be the GG's turf and large crowds were like welcome mats for rudies. You didn't want the Rokkaku Police picking up on your scent if you were looking at getting some sweet tags. Yoyo held back and decided to call less attention to himself and Pots. He skimmed through the small kiosks lined up around the concession area in the middle of the mall. He could easily tip over these rickety little stands if he was skating fast enough, but no.

He had to keep his profile nice and low... for now at least.
From the corner of his eye, Yoyo thought he saw something or someone keeping up with his pace. He made sure to keep watch under his shades. They seemed to come in handy in times like this. Whatever it was, he was going to trust his instinct for now and label it as non-threatening.
Yoyo made sure to keep every possible escape route close by. There were two security guards walking the area and he knew one was a few meters to his left. While the other was just behind him a few meters to the right keeping their close eye on him. Nobody wore blades these days or took blading up as a hobby, due to the large amount of profiling that's been going on with the Rokkaku Police. If you were caught blading around too often, you were a potential rudie which made you a potential criminal.
"Those scumbags!" He thought out loud.
"Huh?! What did you call me?!" yelped Pots from Yoyo's hood.
"Shut-up, will you? I need to find something that will help me mask that speech of yours! It's going to get in the way of the GGs approval." Said Yoyo, ducking the lower half of his face beneath his jacket. "And probably attract unwanted attention..."

"You'd think those weirdos would've met a talking dog by now!" Pots said with a sarcastic sneeze."I just don't want anything to interfere with my initiation, that's all. Bear with me here." Something finally caught his eye on one of the kiosks.
A pair of green and orange shades. Yoyo thought they were perfect. He picked them off the rack then held them up to Pots.
"Cha-Ching! Try these on little man!"
"Oh! You are not making me look any more stupid than I already am! And don't call me - "
Before Pots could continue any further Yoyo shoved them on his little dog face and Pots looked at the mirror on the Kiosk.

"Hello? Who is this handsome beast?" Pots gloated.
"His name is Pots, Future member of the GGs," Yoyo said with his trademark grin. Then he pulled something out of one of his pockets from his black cargo shorts. It was the size of a small button. He stuck it inside one of the arms of Pot's shades.
"And what's that for?" Pots asked.
"That my little friend is something I concocted to mask your speech, that way I will be the only one able to hear you. My shades have one too, and mine pick up whatever you're trying to communicate to me. To others, you'll just be your average four-legged barking bork!"

"Barking...what?" Pots let his tongue hang out of his mouth.
"Go ahead! Say something, see if anyone can hear you." Yoyo said.
Pots thought for a moment then exclaimed, "uh...Woof Woof!"
Yoyo rolled his eyes, then looked around to see that nobody heard.
He then took his shades off, like a lost kid trying to prove a point. Yoyo blushed. He couldn't keep them off for too long or someone might see.

Yoyo said quickly, "okay do it again! Let me see if it works." Pots cocked his head and just stared at Yoyo. This made Yoyo's cheeks burn. "Err! Hurry up and say something you stupid dog!"Pots straightened his head and lowered his ears and gave a low growl.

"Yo, what did that dog do to you?" came a sultry voice just behind Yoyo.

Yoyo painfully slammed his shades back onto his face and turned around.
Sensuous giggles and a quick whisper resonated from a group of three girls that seemed to have been watching them. Yoyo could've sworn he'd seen them before, but where?