Wynn turned her attention to Quad's friends and felt her breath slip from her lungs. To her immediate right was Luke. Fine didn't seem to be the appropriate word for the exceptional specimen standing before her. She had always had a liking for tall guys with green eyes. Both of which could be used to describe Luke – the olive-toned Adonis. Quad was tall, but Luke was definitely taller. He was also more muscular; she could practically see his washboard abs through the thin white t-shirt he wore. He had a head full of subtly wavy dark blond, nearly brown, hair. His chiseled facial structure with his sharp handsome features made him too attractive for his own good. If he thought he was God's gift to women, Wynn couldn't say that she blamed him. She wished she could snap a picture to send to her cousins. They would never believe her when she told them about the man standing before her. He definitely was not a boy.

Without commenting on her obviously checking him out, he extended his hand. "I'm Luke." He re-introduced himself in a voice that was satin smooth and deep. An intrigued smile pulled at his lips as he subtly looked Wynn over from head to toe. Quad had mentioned his nerdy best friend who was "cute" and "nothing special to look at." Standing face to face with her now, Luke was sure Quad had to have been referring to someone also because the person he was meeting was beautiful in a nearly classical way. Her round cheeks and expressive eyes casted an innocence about her that he wouldn't mind tainting. It was too bad that he would probably never get the chance. She was Quad's almost sister, so she was off-limits.

Wynn giggled at his words. "Really? You look more like a Nicole," she flirted surprising herself and Quad too. He cocked his head and watched the exchange with narrowed eyes. Suspicion had his mouth twisting and his nostrils flaring. He opened his mouth to intervene, but Nicole beat him to the punch.

"Nicole would be me." She smirked while placing herself in front of Luke. The snobbish girl had luscious jet-black hair, an oval-shaped face, and dark blue eyes filled with coldness. When she spoke up, it caused both Wynn and Luke's attention to drift to her. It was then that Wynn remembered Quad had introduced the girl as Luke's girlfriend. Nicole placed a hand on Luke's arm, claiming what was hers. "And you would be?" She questioned with a slight roll of her neck. Nicole and Luke hadn't been a couple for long, but she was already used to the eager eyed girls that smiled in his face while secretly hoping for more. He was a hot meal that everyone wanted a bite of.

Wynn took a step back, sensing the girl's threatening tone. "I'm Wynter, but all my friends call me Wynn," she introduced herself with a polite smile. The southern charm in her voice usually made her likable to everyone she met.

Nicole pursed her thin lips. "Nice to meet you, Wynter." With the mere inflection in her voice, she was making it known that the two of them were not friends and they never would be. Nicole saw Wynn for what she really was ... a threat. It was no secret that Luke got bored easily in his romantic entanglements. Everyone expected him to drop Nicole as soon as summer ended, but somehow, she had managed to stick around. She had fought like hell to keep him looking only at her. Judging by the curious gleam she saw in his eyes now; he was thinking about making Wynn his next fling. Nicole could not let that happen.

"I didn't mean to offend you," Wynn said as her eyebrows pulled to the center of her forehead.

Nicole scoffed and turned up her face. "You don't have the power to offend me."

"Okay, Nic, you can put the claws away." Luke gave an apologetic smile before placing his long arm around Nicole's slender shoulders and pulling her into his side. "There's no need for a catfight today."

"There better not be," Nicole grumbled with a roll of her eyes. She didn't waste time leading Luke away from the new girl.

Quad nudged Wynn with a frown pull down his mouth. "What was that?"