Things get a little weird, Quickly

"I got a gift for you, little girl." Roderick joked.

"I'm not little! short, yes, but not little!" Lola groaned.

"So you don't want the surprize?" he asked the question with playfulness evident in his tone.

"Yes Rod, i do!" Roderick laughed. "What is it Rod?" Lola asked excitedly.

Roderick laughed and headed back to the back room. "worked hard to get these." he said, pulling out a medium sized delivery box. Lola's eyes widened when the first thought through her mind was a complete allspark, but was then confused when Roderick said there was something in there for everyone.

"First, the group gift." he said, and proceeded to open the box and pull out five necklaces. each one was the color of a different autobot.

"First pick goes to the birthday girl." Roderick said, and lola looked over each necklace.

there were strange markings of each necklace, each one different, and, thanks to months and months of practicing, Lola had memorized the cybertronian written language. she easily decrypted each necklace, and mumbled to herself, untill she finally picked up the black necklace with yellow engraving.

"Well, miss 'i-can-decipher-some-made-up-language' what do they say?" the black haired girl asked, who untill then had been silent. Lola smiled. the other girls and guy picked out their own necklaces.

"I was waiting for that question. and its cybertronian." lola said, lifting her finger.

"oh. no."

"here we go."

"well the one kim has said medical, whic means life/sanctuary, knowledge/information, body/form, and skilled/technical profession. yours says lord protector, which means lord/leader/first, life/sanctuary, specialist. mine says prime, which means first/leader/lord, life/sanctuary, and knowledge/information; but if i turned it over, it says scout, which means defense, solo/singular, and travel/minerary. Embers says tactics, meaning aggression, labor profession, and knowledge/information. and the last two says deception, and intellegence." Lola puffed out her chest and crossed her arms after catching her breath.

everyone stared at her.

"what?"

"you need a hobby." Ember said. Lola frowned.

"I got a hobby." she wined.

"alright enough." the girl said, annoyed that Ember would try teasing lola.

Roderick hands Lola the smaller box.

"that was impressive." he said, as Lola eagerly opened her other present. She gasped as she pulled out an optimus prime truck. Lola pushed a button and the truck transformed. but this time Lola didnt squeal, instead, she teared up.

"Lola? whats wrong?" Kim asked.

"i love you guys, but i dont know." she said.

"You, child, have serious issues." Ember said.

"yeah, tell me about it." Lola agreed. she hugged Roderick, and the others left for work, which was at the mall, that wasnt very far off.

the day passed by as such, her friends went to work, she spent most of the day playing with her new toy, helping customers, organzing and shelving new deliveries of comics.

at the end of her shift, she waived goodbye to Roderick, who was closing up, and headed to hot topic, where kim and amber worked, and was just about to get off.

"hey, loser! Nice toy! why dont you let me play with it for a second, huh?" a blonde haired boy yelled. Lola instinctively looked back and wished she hadn't. Jackson, the school troublemaker, ran up to her when she turned back around.