EPISODE 1

"Ma'am, a lady wants to meet you." Sneha, her secretary informed.

Prachi looked up from the file she was reading.

"Who's it? I don't remember having an appointment with anyone." she said.

"I don't know her, ma'am. She says it's very important."

"Okay. Bring her in."

When the lady entered, Prachi was shocked to see her. Her face hardened.

"Why are you here?" she asked sternly.

"Prachi! I hope you remember me. Please help me, I need your favour." the lady pleaded.

"How can I forget you, Rhea?" Prachi said sarcastically. "You took everything from me years ago. What do you want now?" she said with tears brimming in her eyes over the past memories.

(Prachi and Rhea are not sisters)

"I'm sorry Prachi. I know what I did was wrong and looks like karma has got back to me. Whatever I will ask you to do is for Ranbir, not me." Rhea said emotionally.

Prachi stared at her blankly. All the past memories were whirling in her mind. The memories which she had tried to bury forever but was never successful. Rhea had spoken about Ranbir, the Ranbir whom she loved more than herself once. She was drowned in the whirlpool of memories.

Three years ago:

It was the last day of the college and Prachi was exceptionally happy. Why wouldn't she be? After all, she was going to reveal her love for her best friend.

She pranced towards the dance hall, where Ranbir would be waiting for her. It was their favourite place.

Unknown to her, a deadly shock was awaiting her in the hall.

When she reached the hall, the sight in front of her was unbearable. Ranbir was hugging Rhea! The bouquet of flowers fell from Prachi's hand.

Rhea who was facing Prachi, smirked. She hugged Ranbir tighter to prove that she had won.

Ranbir bent down to kiss Rhea and that was it for Prachi. She could afford to see it no longer and ran way from there crying.

Her father got transferred that day and she saw Ranbir never again.

She had tried all these years to forget him, but to no avail. She had reached professional heights but she couldn't achieve what her heart desired the most.

"Prachi?" Rhea asked tentatively and brought her to the present.

"Go on, tell me what do you want." she replied emotionlessly.

"I'm pregnant with Ranbir's child......." Rhea began to say.

"Congrats! Did you come here to show the amount of love between you and Ranbir?" Prachi asked aggressively.

"No. Please listen to me at least. I'm suffering from cancer and will die in five months." Rhea said.

Prachi was shocked to the core to hear the news. Sure she didn't like Rhea, but she didn't wish her death either.

"Yes Prachi, I have only five months to live. May be it's my punishment for all the wrong I have done, but I don't this innocent baby to suffer. I consulted the doctors and they informed me that since it's not too long that I have been pregnant, the baby can survive if I transplant it immediately to another woman's womb. So, I'm requesting you to save the baby by taking it in your womb." Rhea explained.

"How can I....." Prachi was at a loss of words.

"I trust you Prachi. You are the only one who can love the child as your own. Please Prachi, if not for me, do it for Ranbir.....it's his child too. I know you still love him."

Prachi thought that she could achieve everything in life, except the pleasure of becoming a mother as she could love no one except Ranbir but he loved someone else. So, why to decline the God gifted opportunity?

"Okay" she agreed and went to the clinic with Rhea.

After 3 months:

Prachi was now pregnant with the child. She took care of herself and read various manuals and magazine about the dos and don'ts for the well being of the unborn child. She loved the child more than herself.

"Ma'am, your new neighbour wants to meet you." Sneha informed.

Prachi went and opened the door and was surprised by the face of her new neighbour.

The other person was surprised for a while too.

"Prachi! After such a long time. How are you?" he smiled.

"I'm fine. How are you Ranbir?" she asked with a smile too. "Come in, why are you standing outside?"

They went inside and chit-chatted for a while and Ranbir came to know about Prachi's pregnancy.

"Congrats! I didn't know you were married. Who's your husband?" he asked.

Prachi was in a dilemma. She neither wanted to tell the truth as she feared Ranbir would take away the child from her after its birth nor could she lie to him.

"Please don't ask about it." she pleaded.

"Oh! I'm sorry. Even I have marital problems. Rhea has divorced me." he said misunderstanding the reason of Prachi's hesitation.

More two months had passed since then. Ranbir and Prachi had become good friends once again. He often visited her house and took care of her.

One such day, Prachi was about to go for her routine check up when Ranbir desired to go with her too. Despite her refusals he went with her saying that it was not safe for a five months pregnant lady to travel alone.

While Prachi was inside the cabin, the doctor called Ranbir to collect the reports.

"Congrats Mr. Kohli. Your child is perfectly healthy." the doctor said.

"Thanks doctor, but it's not my child. Me and Prachi are only friends." Ranbir clarified.

"I didn't mean that. The child is your and Rhea's which was transplanted into Prachi's womb." the doctor informed.

"What! You must be mistaken." Ranbir couldn't believe his ears.

The doctor showed him the record. To say that Ranbir was shocked would be an understatement.

"Let's go back." Prachi said emerging out of the cabin.

Ranbir didn't reply and simply nodded his head. A thousand questions were whirling in his mind.

The drive was silent. Ranbir dropped Prachi at her gate and was about to leave.

"Please come inside. I have prepared a your favourite kheer for you." Prachi smiled.

"I don't want anything from you." Ranbir said angrily.

Prachi couldn't understand the reason of his behavior. "Is anything wrong?" she asked.

"Wrong! You are asking if anything is wrong? I didn't know you were a thief." he shouted at her.

"What are you saying Ranbir?" Prachi was unable to understand why he was accusing her.

"Oh really? Do you think your drama will work in front of me. You stole my child. I must have known that a selfish and low woman like you can never change." he taunted.

"Please listen to me Ranbir......" Prachi begged.

"Hell with your explanation. Even in the college you were jealous of me and Rhea. You loved me, didn't you? And I loved the writer of those letters. At first, I thought it was you, but when it was revealed to be Rhea, you couldn't bear our closeness and left in jealousy. And now you have manipulated or blackmailed Rhea in giving our baby to you and divorce me so that you can come closer to me. I will never let your plan be successful, you evil lady. It was my fault that I chose you as my friend." Ranbir blamed Prachi for everything.

"This is how much you know me? Very well. If helping someone is a crime, I would love to commit it again and again. Why am I even giving explanations to you? Keep it in mind Mr. Kohli, there is no relation between us from today." saying so, Prachi left crying furiously.