"i love ya more," atsumu mumbled with a smile.

the blonde knew he'd be waking up alone the next morning since kiyoomi had an early flight.

"omi."

"hm?"

"kiss me like yer never gonna see me again."

"i might not."

"don't say that, just do it please."

and so kiyoomi kissed atsumu passionately. no more words needed to be said between them. as they kissed they put all of their emotions into it.

atsumu felt helpless to the heart break searing in his chest.

he wish he could've met kiyoomi earlier or later but why did they have to meet then?

why did they have to meet when neither of them were available?

it just wasn't right.

as atsumu fell asleep he felt a tear fall out of his eye.

when the blonde awoke kiyoomi was no where in sight. his bags were gone and his warm and comforting presence was gone too.

atsumu looked at the night stand seeing a note.

dear atsumu,
     i'm going to miss you so much, and i'm hoping the feeling is mutual. so when you're sad or missing me don't forget to look at your wrist. you'll always be my sunshine and when we meet again i'll shower you in all my love. i hope we'll meet again soon darling and until then remember how much i love you. goodbye my sunshine.

atsumu felt tears prick at his eyes as he read the note.

"i'm gonna miss ya so much omi," he sobbed quietly.

___

it wasn't until four years later.

atsumu stayed on the little island him and kiyoomi met on since the woman who owned the hotel offered to give it to him since she was old and going to die soon.

the woman did die a year later and it took atsumu a long time to fix up the old hotel but he finally did it.

it was the grand re-opening and atsumu hoped to get at least a few new residents.

and he did.

actually a lot of people came to stay in the hotel.

atsumu felt so excited.

when the blonde was filing some paper work out at the front desk he heard someone walk over. before he could look up there was a hand on the counter in front of him. the hand turned over to show a tattoo similar to his own except a moon.

'a moon?'

atsumu looked up seeing kiyoomi.

kiyoomi... and a slightly shorter brown haired male.

"kiyoomi?" atsumu's eyes were unfocused as he looked at the raven haired male and the brunette.

"atsumu," kiyoomi nodded with a warm smile.

"who's this?" atsumu asked looking at the brunette.

"this is my cousin, motoya."

"oh," atsumu smiled letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "hi, are you two going to be staying here?"

"yes. we'd like to book separate rooms." kiyoomi said and atsumu nodded.

komori booked his own room and went there.

"i was thinking... i could stay with you, like old times," the raven leaned across the counter whispering into atsumu's ear sending shivers down the blonde's back.

"yeah that would be nice," atsumu smiled.

"let's catch up yeah? at the cafe in 30?" kiyoomi asked and atsumu nodded.

the blonde put one of his employees on to manage the front desk and met the raven at the cafe down the street.

"i can't believe you're back. how'd you know i'd still be here?" atsumu asked as he sat down across from kiyoomi.

"i found your instagram about a month ago," kiyoomi said taking a sip of the drink he'd gotten.

"that's embarrassing," atsumu giggled as he took the drink from the raven's hand and took a drink of it.

"no it's cute," kiyoomi smiled.

the two talked for hours.

until it got dark in fact.

atsumu couldn't be happier with how things turned out.

it's true, they didn't forget.

and they still love each other just the same.

___

"i'm so glad to have you back sunshine," kiyoomi wrapped the arm that he had around atsumu's waist just a little tighter.

the two were sitting in the sand under the stars watching the waves of water flow.

"me too omi omi. my moon is finally back," atsumu smiled as he brushed a few of the raven's curls out of his eyes.

~

i think this is one of my favorite oneshots i've ever written
it's so soft i just djxjsjsjjrf i love it
low key i stole the island hotel thing from mama mia if you've ever seen that so yuh 😩