The Beginning

(Told in Kenma's POV)

It was a cloudy day at Nekoma High, the volleyball team was having a practice match with Fukurōdani Academy. We just finished cleaning up, I was playing on my switch under a fairly large tree. When I look up from my switch I see Kuroo, Bokuto, and Akaashi heading towards me, suddenly Kuroo screams "Kenma!!!" I flinch a bit before responding to him "Shut up, Kuroo" his expression changed from happy-go-lucky to how could you with big puppy dog eyes. They all sat down under the tree in a circle, then the conversations that lasted the rest of the day began,

"So I'm having a party, you guys should come," said Bokuto a little more shy than usual, "Hell yeah dude, you know I'm there," Kuroo said almost jumping from where he was sitting, "I'm out," I said, Kuroo again very disappointed says " Kenmaaaaa come onnnn, just this one party" "No you know I hate big social events" I said almost done with their shenanigans, Kuroo then leaned in and whispered in my ear "Come on please? I need to tell you something" I can't help but feel my cheeks burn red "f-fine" I said looking away to hide my face. "Great the party is friday night" Bokuto says with a bit of hesitation in his voice, Kuroo perked up remembering something and stating "Oh yeah! I almost forgot we have a practice match right before" "Damn, good luck Kuroo, Kenma" Akaashi added. the sun started to set so I pulled on Kuroo's sleeve "Kuroo it's getting late we need to get home" "Oh shit your right let's go". As we walked away I could see how sad Bokuto's eyes got, as me and Kuroo walked away together. I then noticed Akaashi with the dullest eyes I had ever seen in my life, he was patting Bokuto's back as if he was trying to comfort him though he was also upset. I wonder why..

On our route home Kuroo asked me "Why were you staring at Bokuto and Akaashi Ken Ken?" I instantly shot back with a bright red face "shut up what kind of name is that!! And... I was looking at them cause something seemed weird" just then we reached the intersection where we split "I'll tell you tomorrow, I have to think about it first" "Alright, bye Kenma!!!" "bye".

I got home and headed to my room. I laid down on my bed and started to go through all my theories in my head on what was going on, it then hit me. Bokuto was staring at me and Kuroo meaning he could have a crush on either me or Kuroo, and Akaashi likes Bokuto but that owl head is too dense to know anything. I had gotten through most of it but one concerning thought, who did he like? I hate to admit it but I love Kuroo, though he probably doesn't see me that way. I stopped thinking by that point because more theories came rushing in and things got overwhelming, so I took a shower, did my homework, and headed downstairs to make dinner.

Today is the day of Bokuto's party, the practice match went pretty well too, so far it has been a great day. When me and Kuroo were walking to Bokuto's house he told me something that would change my life forever, "Kenma I have a confession to make" my face burned a slight red "what?" "I like-"