A smirk appeared on your face. "No. It isn't."

(Dumbledore)

Being a professor at Hogwarts was not what he had wanted to do. The letter on his desk reminded him of that. It also reminded him why he had wanted this job in the first place. Gellert Grindelwald. The name haunted him.

This was not the first letter he had received, but it was the first one with anything of substance. Dumbledore knew that his once friend (lover) was taking back the spotlight. This letter, however cryptic, confirmed it.

"Albus,

A corpse of wasted potential. I could have written that instead of your name and the owl would have delivered this to you anyway. I do not write this to gloat, although I should be. I've left Russia, I'm thinking of Austria next. I was actually in London this summer, doing some research. Your minister acts as if he is confunded all day. You really should have taken that job.

I'd watch out for that devil on his shoulder. Now there is a smart man! His father was a potioneer, rather famous, very controversial stuff. I think he has a daughter too, she was at the ministry while I was scouting. You teach her, I'm sure. She seemed familiar. Definitely some sort of seer, saw right through my disguise. I would know, of course (but I don't think she does). I'm going to look into her. She'll be my first recruit.

Maybe teaching was a smart idea. Are you scouting students Dumbledore? Are you raising an Army? I might beat you too it."

It was in typical fashion for Gellert to not sign his letters. The man never owned up to his work. But he was raising another Army, a powerful one. And one of his possible recruits was one of his students.

His mind immediately went to Tom Riddle, Grindelwald would have a field day over that one. The boy had every reason to despise muggles, and a promising amount of power. But he had said the student was a girl.

There were no seers at Hogwarts that he knew about, but Grindelwald was one of the most powerful seers of the time, he would know. The amount of devils on the Minister's shoulders didn't narrow it down either. Probably a third of the students in the school had a father who worked for the Minister. And practically everyone in the 1800s had been a potioneer.

If there was a seer at Hogwarts, one that Grindelwald wanted, he had to get to her first. Gellert was a master manipulator, and on top of that, relatable, especially to a child who did not realize their own powers. The only problem was he didn't know where to look.

(Tom)

You were already seated in potions when he walked in, with his essay in hand. You seemed surprised when he sat down next to you. "So Tom Riddle, you did not get scared off after hearing my deep dark secret."

He smirked. For someone who wanted to keep this under the wraps, you certainly were bringing it up a lot. "Avunculicide is rather rare. You would be ruining statistics if you actually went through with it."

You seemed intrigued by this. "If I were to murder, I would want it to be abnormal." He did not know how to respond to this, so he turned his attention back to the lesson. They were working more on antidotes again.

"I should just take out the bezoar and tell Slughorn to shove it." Your blatant disrespect to authority is something that he admired, although had to disagree with.

"I don't think he would appreciate that."

"Oh please, he fawns over you, I'm sure I could get away with it." He did not like how your tone had taken on a mocking quality.

"Why do you waste your talent? You could actually try the assignment." You were not put off by his change of attitude, which actually annoyed him more.

"I am a vessel filled with wasted talent. I'm not going to amount to anything more than a society wife anyway." As soon as you said them he could tell that those words did not belong to you. He wanted to tell you that you would never be a society wife.