All Chenle could see was dullness and how numb she looked.

This wasn't good.

"I just had to get my self off of many things." she blurted out in a monotonous voice.

From hearing this, she sounded so empty.

It doesn't sound like the cocky and short tempered Maeri.

Like that facade she put on finally broke and here she was, being as vulnerable as ever showing what she truly feels without even saying what she was really feeling.

It was scaring Chenle.

To see her act like this and it was breaking his heart.

What happened?

Where did that mischievous and tough girl go?

All he could see right now was just dullness.

"Come with me, I'm taking you somewhere." Chenle took her hand in his, finding a route back to his bike and letting her hop in without a word being said.

Maeri trusted him but she felt uneasy about this one this time.

They drove past the sleeping city.

Maeri held on the fabric of Chenle's coat, letting the wind brush past her face and the cold make her shiver.

What she didn't expect was to see that oh so familiar road again.

Her stomach bubbled up in fear.

Eyes widening and her hands clenched on the fabric of the male's coat in front of her.

Why was he taking her back to the Neo Zone HQ?

This is what Maeri least expected and this was the last place she even wants to be in.

The claws of anxiety scraping at her chest, sending a very uneasy pressure to push on her throat.

"Chenle." Maeri whispered when said latter pulled up at the front entrance where the huge garden was displayed to their left, the sound of the water fountain in the middle of the pond and the crickets creeking around them infiltrated their slightly muffled hearing senses. "Why did you take me here, Zhong?" she shakily muttered, scared of getting off the latter's bike.

"Shim, I think you need to see them and at least assure them you're okay." he said.

"Chenle, I don't want to be here." Maeri said with brows furrowed and with a pleading expression on her face. "I don't have business with you guys anymore. I shouldn't be here." she said, swiftly taking the keys out of Chenle's hold but he was quick to stop her.

"You know Maeri, why still keep in touch with me or with Renjun hyung if you don't have business with us anymore? You shouldn't have contacted me after I found you that night."