Chapter Sixty-Two: The DA and an Educational Decree

Start from the beginning

"Of course. You are apart of Hogwarts and I would be happy to continue listening to your every need."

Turning around, Elysian returned to Hogsmeade and was soon found by all of her friends, who walked back to the castle alongside her. They were all laughing and joking together and Elysian finally let herself relax, well, almost.

"I've got something to do, I'll see you all back in the common room," said Elysian before she walked off towards an office.

Madam Umbridge was just exiting her office when she saw Elysian coming towards her. For a moment, Elysian thought that Umbridge would snap at her but the older woman seemed to think better of it and simply plastered a fake smile on her face.

"How can I help you, dear?"

"I overheard Harry talking about creating a Defence Against the Dark Arts club," said Elysian, her innocent persona in full force. "He said that Dumbledore suggested it and I thought that you should know, since you're the High Inquisitor, after all."

Umbridge's face lit up like a kid on Christmas and, for a second, she looked ready to hug Elysian. She didn't though and instead thanked Elysian before rushing back into her office to call the Minister once again.

~EP~

Elysian and the Slytherins watched as Filch hammered a sign onto the wall outside the Great Hall. A crowd had congregated around the sign and whispering was heard all around. Umbridge was smiling like the cat that caught the canary as she watched Filch finish with the sign.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

Al student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An organisation, societies, teams, groups or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge.)

No student organisation, societies, teams, groups or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or belong to, an organisation, societies, teams, groups or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be Expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-Four.

"I'll go and ask about the Quidditch team," said Draco, disappearing for a moment.

"Things are going to get so much worse," groaned Daphne.

"Not for us," smirked Elysian.

Across from them, Elysian watched Harry and his group went pale and began whispering to each other. Hermione was slightly concerned but that disappeared when she saw Elysian's smirk and she began reassuring Harry and Ronald.

The halls began evacuating but before Elysian could disappear with her friends, Harry came towards her and pulled her into an empty classroom.

"What?" asked Elysian, crossing her arms and tilting her head in confusion.

"How good are you with contracts?"

"Very. Why?"

"Hermione and Ron convinced me to create a Defence Club, without Umbridge knowing, and we need a contract to make sure that no one tells anyone," explained Harry.

Elysian, of course, pretended that this was all new information and plastered a concerned expression and forced worry into her voice.

"Harry are you insane?" gaped Elysian, "If Umbridge catches you, not only will you be expelled but she could do worse to you than a blood quill!"

"I know, but that's why we need the contract."

She sighed: "Alright, I'll have it made for you tomorrow morning. You can meet me here."

"Thank you," grinned Harry, "would you like to be apart of our group?"

Elysian pretended to think for a moment: "I can't. I'm walking on thin ice with the rest of Slytherin as it is and it will take me ages to explain this—" she motioned between them "—to them so that they still trust me. If I start disappearing then Draco will call me on it and that could make things worse for you."

"Okay, I understand."

"Meet me here tomorrow morning and I'll give you the contract."

~EP~

Harry arrived right on time that morning and was happy to grab the contract from Elysian's hand. He didn't so much as read it and instead simply duplicated it several times and put it in his bag. He then hugged his sister goodbye and went to breakfast.

Elysian had, of course, anticipated the fact that he wouldn't read the piece of parchment she had given him and knew that anyone who would read it was already in her back pocket. If Harry had read it, he would have seen that there was a small clause in the contract that allowed people to tell anyone from Slytherin everything about the group without getting harmed because of it.

"What if he reads it?"

"It won't matter," said Elysian, "I worded it in such a way that Harry would simply assume that I put the clause in for him, since he may need my help in future."

"That's evil."

"Thank you, kindly."