【S.Daichi】 "Trust Me"

"This was a stupid idea...." Daichi cursed to himself, resting his chin on his palm as he leaned on the ship he has been in for at least a week.

The sailors in here aimed to catch a whale for the people to give them sugar, tea, rum, and whatnot. And he stupidly agreed. As the days progresses more, he starts to question his choices and cursing himself for how much of an idiot he is.

"One day, when the toungin' is done, we'll take our leave and go..." He quoted a crew before they departed off, blankly staring at the gentle waves reflecting the starry sky and the proud moon shining with all it's might, and also a.... Person immerging out of the surface of the water?

It was impossible they were just taking a dive, considering it's the middle of nowhere and there was no sight of people as far as he stood there.

"....who are you?" No answer. The mysterious person just continued staring at him. He thought it was odd, but his eyes widened when the moonlight showed him what he was missing. A fishtail attached to their body.

"You're a.... You're a mermaid...!!" He whisper yelled, backing away in shock. The creature had fear washed over their face periodically and submerged into the waters again.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!" He ran back to the side of the ship and rested there again. They peaked their head out a bit and gave a slight smile.

"So, what's your name? Are you doing fine?" Still no answer. They were still staring him dead in the eyes with a slight frown. He thought it was rude, but then soon after thought it was understandable. Afterall, people would surely want to capture something as mystical and odd as a mermaid. Especially if they could talk, or worse, sing.

He let out a deep and sharp sigh, and then suddenly, he heard a door creak. If his back wasn't straight from the surprise and sweating cold sweats, he was now, the moment he knew who that voiced belonged to.

"Daichi? It's the middle of the night. The hell you're still doing here?"

"C-Captain...! I-I was just.. um...." He looked around as he tried to find an excuse. He knew he couldn't tell anyone about the creature. He knew damn well the guys will throw a net at them to sell them in an auction.

"Ugh, greedy bastards..." Just the very possible thoughts got him gritting his teeth and practically glared in the distance. The captain raised his brow at his weird expression, but shrugged it off

"Fuck, it's too bloody late for this... Hurry up and go to bed, kid." He sternly said, returning to his room. Daichi slid down to the floor as he felt life had flashed before his eyes. He quickly checked if the creature was still around.

And he was right. They were still staring at him, but this time, with some kind of shocked in their eyes.

"Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me." He put his index to his lips, giving them a cheeky smile. They slightly parted their own lips and looked away for a second before facing him again.

"Thank you." He got caught off guard and stared back at her with wide eyes and a somewhat unsettling smile. He realized his face was shown in a weird way and shook his head to keep himself together.

"You're welcome. Well, I'm probably gonna go off to bed. You stay safe, okay?" He stretched his back and headed towards his own room, where the rest of his crewmates are at.

"Goodnight, Daichi." He was halfway in his room when he heard them. He gently smiled to himself and whispered a "goodnight" back, crashing onto his bed. And almost as if on cue, he heard their soft singing.

Even with the loud snores from the crew, their voice was crystal clear and smooth like silk. He practically melted at their beautiful yet hypnotic voice, his smile never leaving his face as he buried his face in his pillow.