February 14th [18]

Start from the beginning

Your face became warm at the thought of Sal's smile when you would hand him his gifts, and you curiously wondered what he had in store for you since he always gave you the best gifts.

Speaking of gifts, you reached over and grabbed the stuffed [Your Favorite Animal] Sal had given you for your two month anniversary, placing it within your lap as you grabbed your backpack to get started on some homework.
• • •
Larry and Sal walked out of the mall, paper shopping bags in hand. "I'm so glad I was able to find her a new hoodie, I felt so bad about ruining it last time we went ghost hunting.", Sal spoke while Larry laughed, "Yeah, that sucked! A perfectly good Sanity's Fall hoodie ruined, who knew ectoplasm was impossible to get off of clothes?", he exclaimed as the pair reached the car.

"And that other gift you got her is definitely going to make Y/N happy. How long did ya save up for them?", the brown haired boy asked. Sallyface blushed underneath his prosthetic, "...Uh, like, since the day we started dating.", he shyly explained while rubbing the back of his neck.

Larry couldn't help but give Sal a sturdy pat on the back, looking down at him with a large smile, "Hey, I'm really glad you have someone like Y/N, dude. I can tell you care about her, and I can tell she cares about you just as much. I'm really fucking happy for you guys.", that sincere tone of his let Sal know he meant it, "Thanks, man. I owe some thanks to you, if it weren't for you helping me man up and come out of my shell a bit more, I might've never gathered the courage to tell her how I feel. You're the best, dude.", Sal told his best friend as they both got into the car.

The sun was already almost completely behind the horizon as the two made the trip back home, Sal's head resting against the window as he pictured your smile when he would give you the gifts he had gotten for you. However, his eyes went wide when he spotted something out the window, turning to Larry, "W-wait! Can you pull over here?!", he eagerly asked.

He jumped a little at the sudden exclamation from Sallyface, "Shit, dude! You scared the lights outta me. What, you see a ghost on the side of the road or something?", he asked while doing as told and pulling over on the desolate path home. Sal shook his head, "No, look.", he pointed out the window towards a light forested area, the trees being sparse enough to allow what he was referring to to be seen; an abundant, lovely meadow of flowers. The pair both smiled at each other, Larry knowing exactly what Sal had in mind, and with that they exited the car and began to walk towards the lovely sight, twilight on the horizon.
                           •            •           •
"Hey, Y/N! You look so cute, did you get extra dolled up for today?", Ash asked you as she pulled up to the front steps of Addison apartments, driving her mother's car instead of the motorcycle for today. You smiled at her while you walked around to the passenger side, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear as you sat down and buckled up, "Heh, yeah. I wanted to look nice, since it's my first Valentine's with Sal. Speaking of Sal, him and Larry must be at school by now.".

Ash continued to drive as she spoke, "Those dorks. It's so cute how Sal asked me to give you a ride so he could surprise you at school with your gifts, I wonder what he got you! A wedding ring, maybe?", she playfully joked, the two of you giggling the whole drive to school. Once at school, the two of you were greeted with the usually boring beige walls being decorated with cheap plastic heart streamers and blood drive posters. "Meeting in the library, right?", Ash asked, you nodding in response, "Yep! It's always pretty empty in the morning, and the librarian doesn't show up until second period, perfect place for the gift exchange.", you stated.

Within the library, Larry laid his head against the wooden table, dozing off as he usually did in the morning while Sal nervously sat besides him, constantly glancing at the door to await the arrival of his beloved girlfriend. "Larry?", Sal gave his friend a nudge which caused him to jump slightly, "H-huh? What is it? Did Ash and Y/N show up yet?", he asked while rubbing his eyes.