But neither wanted to admit that they were really friends.

"Charlene, can I come in?" Corpse asked, knocking on her door once again only to remember that she couldn't answer him. So he just went ahead and entered the room as he had before. This time, he found her asleep.

The dark haired boy carefully tiptoed to his flatmate's bed to see if she'd got any better. To his surprise, she looked even worse. She had her eyebrows knitted together while mumbling something unpleasantly and drowning in her own sweat. Corpse already felt the pain she was in just from looking at her, and he couldn't imagine what it'd be like to be in her place. It took him a bit of hesitation, but after a moment of thinking back and forth, he finally placed his hand on her forehead. And just like he'd expected, she was burning up!

Corpse might not be a medical student, but he knew that wasn't something you could recover from after a nap. So he freaked out.

He had no idea what to do or whom to call. He'd never had to deal with a sick person before, and he knew none of her friends nor if she even had one. In despair, he almost called one of his friends, but then he remembered none of them would know how to take care of a sick girl. So now he was pacing back and forth by her bed, trying to drown out the sound of her groaning.

That was when a brilliant idea hit him. Now he knew exactly the place to seek professional advice.

•••

Charlene woke up with a terrible headache and blurry eyesight. She took a couple of minutes to finally remember where she was. The window facing her bed slowly came into view and so did her flatmate's face as he gave her his handsome smile, asking if she was feeling any better.

"Yes," she told him. "Not one hundred percent better, but...better​."

Then she returned a smile.

Charlene didn't smile at him often, and Corpse couldn't blame her since he was kind of a dick to her most of the time. Thus he had never got a proper chance to notice how pretty her smile was, not until ​now, when she was sick, with no make-up on. ​

But why am I thinking about her smile? ​He thought. ​This is just weird.

"Did you put this on my forehead?" The girl rolled her eyes upward to stare at the folded cloth. Her question caused Corpse to blush hard as he ran his fingers through his dark  curly hair, the thing he always did whenever he got nervous.

"Yeah..." He cleared his throat. "You've caught a fever, I think. They said it would help lower your temperature."

"They?"

"Google."

She breathed out a laugh which resulted in a massive grin on her flatmate's handsome face.

"If...if you need anything else, let me know."

"Corpse," she called out as soon as he turned away. His name had never sounded so sweet, and this feeling he got right now was brand new.

"Yeah? You need something?"

"No." She giggled softly. "I just want to say thank you."