[𝟒]. confront stormterror

Start from the beginning

Standing up, the bard began aiming his bow at Dvalin's crystal, careful to not hit the dragon directly in the scales as both the traveler and you waited for Stormterror to sweep down.

"Go!" Venti yelled, propelling the two sword-wielders up as they landed on Dvalin's neck, swiping and setting fire to his crystal as the corrupted blood wore down.

"A-ha! This is Dvalin's ace in the hole: Caelestinum Finale Termini!" The bard exclaimed, aiming at the crystal along with the two battling vision holders.

"... This dragon has a strange taste when it comes to naming things," Paimon sweatdropped, watching Aether and you jump off of Dvalin's neck.

"I named it for him just now," Venti informed, puffing out his chest in pride at the name.

"Seriously?!"

"Well... anyways. Let's ride the wind currents and stay away from the breaking platforms. The energy flooding out from the fissuress will be hot, watch your step!" Venti jumped down the platform, rising up with the wind as he flew onto the next ledge.

"One more!" Venti yelled, aiming a charged arrow at Dvalin's crystal as the dragon fell down to the platform, its vulnerable state prompting [Y/N] and Aether to begin charging at it, swinging their blades as her pyro infused sword sliced directly through the crystal, destroying it and it's dangerous purple glow.

Falling down, cracks rippled throughout the platform. As crevices formed, [Y/N]'s back hit the collapsing stone, a light grunt leaving her lips as the floor beneath her ricocheted, giving way as she started free-falling.

"This place is gonna collapse!" Paimon cried, holding onto one of the pillars as rumbling could be heard, a threatening growl from the wind howling through the grey clouds.

Wordlessly, [e/c] irises closed. The wind brushed up against her skin, her chest rising up and down in slow beats, blue and green hues approaching her in her peripheral vision.

"[Y/N]!" A melodic voice cried, the [e/c]-eyed girl's mind clicking instantly upon the call.

Venti.

Peering your left eye open slightly, you were met with the sight of the bard. An expression of relief was painted across his delicate features, a warm gust of wind supporting the two of you up in the air as a smooth surface swiped under your back.

Letting you down, Venti settled beside you, a wondrous smile on his face as the dark grey sky disappeared, revealing a grand blue oasis.

"It's been a while since we flew like this together, huh, Dvalin?" Venti mused, resting beside your form as his hands supported himself up.

"Just now.. why? Why did you not ask me to protect you like last time?" Dvalin asked, prancing through the sky like a reindeer.

"Me not wanting you to join the Abyss Order...

Doesn't mean you have to listen to me," Venti smiled, brushing the scales of Dvalin with his fingertips, rough and skilled, yet gentle and comforting.

"Freedom, if demanded of you by an archon...

Is really no freedom at all."

Closing your eyes, you basked in the warmth of the sun. Such a foreign touch, after your life had been massacred by nightmares and demons, plagued by the horrors of the deepest depths. Your touch was numbed by the sun, but it seems that high up in the sky...