'His eyebrows snapped together as he came up to her and grasped her arms. 'I have not been with anybody since I saw you again six months ago!'

'Oh!'

'And why do you keep harping about Lavanya ? I was just joking when I said you were jealous of her. But you seriously think I have been having an affair with her? Didn't I tell you downstairs that she is married to a business associate of mine? Do you think I will stoop down so low?

'Whatever gave you that idea Khushi?'

'Lavanyaji.' Khushi shrugged off his hands and looked him square in the eyes.

'What?'

'Since you came back, she has been accusing me of stealing you away from her.'

'Why didn't you tell me this before?' He grated angrily.

'I saw no point at the time.'

He nodded his head. 'I see.'

'After all she was the girl your mother chose for you to marry.'

'But I didn't.' He said quietly, his eyes simmering with a barely controlled temper.

Khushi went on. 'Lavanyaji said you got -- close when you spent time together after your mothers' passing away.'

'And you believed her.' It was more a statement than a question.

'These things are known to happen.' She said defensively.

'We did get close --' Khushi's heart plummeted. Arnav advanced on her backing her into a wall. 'Emotionally -- not physically. I realized that Lavanya was going through a rough patch in her marriage. I was trying to be supportive -- as a friend.'

'But ....but at Narenji's engagement she implied you both were still ---.' She stuttered.

'Khushi I did am not having an affair with Lavanya !' He roared. 'Not when my mother died and not any time before that either. Not ever!

'I have never thought about Lavanya that way. In fact I feel brotherly toward her. She is little bit of an air head.'

Brotherly? Khushi's heart fluttered with joy.

Before he could utter another word Khushi snaked her arms around his neck and hugged him tight.

'Does this mean you believe me?' He seemed surprised.

'Yes.'

'Just like that?'

'Between you and Lavanyaji, I choose to believe you.'

'Why is she doing this?' He hit his hand on the wall in anger.

'Because she was in love with you.' She said simply. 'I feel sorry for her.'

'Oh please!' Arnav mocked. 'You were freakishly jealous of her a little while ago.'

'Not at all.' Khushi defended herself, stepping back from him.

'So you came to Agra to see Mr Sheik?' He said he tone laced with sarcasm.

'Of course!' Khushi said.

Arnav burst out laughing and Khushi turned around and walked up to the door and yanked it open. Arnav was quick when he caught the door and shut it back with a bang. 'No you don't!' He pushed her back against the door and took her lips in a fierce kiss. Though she pushed at him initially, the pressure of his tongue sent an electric jolt, fraying her senses into submission.

After what seemed like an eternity Arnav lifted his head. 'Admit it Khushi Gupta Singh Raizada.' He smirked. 'You were jealous.'

'So what?' She hit back. 'You were jealous of NK even though you claimed I never loved him.'