One Shot

[This story references parts from episodes 204 and 331!]

-Giri choco (義理チョコ): aka "obligatory chocolate," given to one's friends, acquaintances, coworkers, etc.
-Honmei choco (本命チョコ): aka "true feeling/desire chocolate," given to one's S/O or desired romantic parter.
-White Day: March 14th, when people give reciprocal gifts to those who gave them chocolates/gifts on Valentine's Day.

"Passing chocolate around like idiots... Starting next year, execute every single person who gives or receives chocolate! Is that your final answer??"

"THAT'S MY FINAL ANSWER!" Shinpachi shouted in response, raising his hand in the air.

"FINAL ANSWER, MY ASS!" Gintoki sprung from his desk chair and gave Shinpachi a firm kick to the face, sending him to the ground. "SOMEBODY BRING ME SOME CHOCOLATE!"

Lounging on one of the living room couches, Kagura watched disgustedly as the two guys wailed in despair. Apparently nothing had changed since the last Valentine's Day episode.

"Dammit, if it weren't for this natural perm...!"

"Gin-san, is it the glasses?? Should I get cooler glasses??"

"Shinpachi, you wouldn't be anything without the glasses; throw out useless human attached to it instead," Kagura replied. The boy lunged at her and, as usual, she proceeded to send him into the wall with a punch. "Ne, Gin-chan, why don't you just ask (Y/N)-nee?"

"(Y/N)? HA! Yeah right, no one wants chocolate from someone like her." Gintoki let out a defiant snort and crossed his arms. He noted the girl's unconvinced expression. "You don't understand a man's heart, Kagura-chan! You see, we want someone more like Ketsuno Ana because she's super nice and amazing and—"

"Mmhmm...whatever," Kagura replied half-heartedly, leaving the couch to scavenge for snacks in the kitchen.

Contrary to his outward attitude, Gintoki had in fact spent the last few days praying for his childhood friend to show up at his front door with a box of chocolates. It wasn't so much that he wanted chocolate—he already had a secret stash in the house, safely hidden from Kagura—but that he wanted chocolate from her. However, it was already late in the afternoon, and there was still no sign of her at his front door. 

In all honestly, it was probably his own damn fault.

Flashback to one week ago:

"Hey, Gintoki, Valentine's day is coming up...do you want chocolates?"

He looked at her in complete shock. "W-w-w-what are you asking, all of a sudden?" He stammered with a nervous laugh. "Cut it out; you're being creepy."

"Creepy?"

"Yes, creepy. Ahem, anyways, the answer's no. I don't need your pity and honestly I'd feel weird if you gave me choc—GAHHH!"

Before he could finish, (Y/N) slammed his head onto the table and walked out of the family restaurant, leaving him with the tab.

Sitting back down in his chair, Gintoki leaned his head back and let out a frustrated sigh. He silently cursed himself. Was she really not going to show? Her not partaking in any Valentine's Day activities was one thing, but... 

Flashback to 4 hours ago:

Beginning to feel antsy, Gintoki left the house to kill some time at the pachinko parlor. Unfortunately, the trip did little to ease his worries. On the way there, he stumbled upon (Y/N) giving a box of chocolates...to Katsura. Hiding behind a bush, he eavesdropped on their conversation.