LIKE THE ZOMBIES DO

Börja om från början

"Yeah totally!" Wexton piped up "you guys seem really cool, it would be awesome to team up" I tried not to smile as the boy spoke, trying to keep the same cold expression the rest of my packmates had.

"Our pack is our pack, we don't need anyone else" Wynter spoke confidently, trying to wave off the other group.

"Who doesn't want more friends?" the young zombie girl jumped in, looking up at Wynter " under all that big poofy hair I'm sure you're a real softy" the little girl grinned.

"I am a mean, mean werewolf kid. I am tough and rough" Wynter growled out at the girl. The young girl cooed about Wynter using the word rough as Wexton let out a little 'hah, ruff!'. Wynter tried to stand her ground but was ultimately wared down by the young girl scratching behind her ear. To be fair, ear scratches were good.

"We're nothing like you zombies" Willa tried to get things back on track, standing up to face the group.

"You sort of are" the older zombie girl retorted " your necklace is powered right? Kind of like an organic Z-Band?"

"You're smarter than he looks" Willa conceded.

"Hah!" Wexton chortled as the zombie girl thanked Willa.

"That necklace keeps you from fully wolfing out?" Zed queried as he reached out towards Willa, only to be smacked away.

"The opposite" Willa snapped " our moonstones make us our true werewolf selves"

"So without it, you'd be human?" Zed questioned again.

"No, we'd die" Willa admitted "we'd be nothing". A somber atmosphere came over everyone at her admission.

"Imagine how alive you'd feel if you didn't have to tamp things down, hold back your true selves" I tried to reason, gesturing to the zombies in front of me and allowing my gaze to glance over to Wexton hoping he'd somehow get the message that I thought he was different. I needed to figure out a way to tell him that I thought he was one of us.

"Actually I have this theory that we've evolved past our need for Z-Bands" the zombie girl – Eliza I think her name was declared only to be quickly be cut off by Zed.

"Z-Bands are great! They help you fit in, and I think you would all have a much better time at Seabrook if you just followed in our footsteps" Zed tried to convince us as his friends all wore tight, strained smiles.

"Join a club! Play football! I'll even teach you how to tackle" he tried harder "just lighten up, be more like us"

"Do it like the zombies do!" Zed called out as he marched after us " Brush your fangs when you wake up, comb your hair, do your makeup" he sang out, dancing as he went.

"Sleep at night, don't stay up! Do it like the zombies do" he continued as the zombies and Wexton began to dance along with him.

"Don't stand out, when you're fittin in!" Wexton sang out as he danced.

"When in doubt do the opposite" Zed added. I smiled at Wexton before glaring over at Zed.

"Don't listen to him" I snapped.

"He's a hypocrite" Willa backed me up.

"Do it like the zombies do!" They all called out, Wexton sending us a sheepish smile. The group continued to sing as they danced over to us. I couldn't help but smile as I watched Wexton dance along.

"When the moon is full, no howling" Willa mocked.

"Don't run in the halls no growling" I joined in, making my way between Zed and Wexton.

"Let's go to the mall, start styling" Willa sang before we all joined in, mocking their dance " do it like the zombies do" Wexton joined in as he began to dance after us, following our lead.

"Trim your claws, get a manicure"

"Cut your bangs, leave it on the floor"

"Now wag your tail like a Labrador!" Wynter chimed in before from beside Wexton as he smiled at her.

"Do it like the zombies do" we finished off as Zed came between Wexton and I and pulled Wynter and Wex with him. I quickly grabbed Wynter and dragged her away from him as Wex danced with the zombies.

"Stand up straight, do your homework" Zed sang he came between Willa and I.

"Smile a lot when you network!" Wex chimed in from beside me and I smiled over at him.

"Did I mention no one gets hurt?" Zed added as he wrapped his arms around us before elbowing me in the ribs, which earned him a glare from Wex.

"I hope you're open to my advice" Zed continued as he passed us each one of his 'Zed for Prez' hats.

"Oh, it's invaluable to us right?" Willa mocked with a smile.

"Sounds like this could be a paradise" I added sarcastically, shaking Zeds hand before he danced away.

"Why should we change? They should be like us" Willa called out as she threw the hat on the floor " yeah he may eat brains but he's got no guts"

"He's gone insane, yeah he's acting nuts. Come on we've got moves to bust!" I sang out as I moved to grab Wexton by the hand and pull him over to dance with us. We all danced around only for Wynter to tackle Zed over as we all laughed.

"I don't think you need to teach her how to tackle Zed, I think she's got it down" Wex laughed, the rest of us wolves joining in. Wynter hopped up with a smile before howling to the sky, the rest of us calling out after her, even Wexton howled back – and he did it perfectly. 

AUTHORS NOTE

Another chapter done! Hope you're liking the story. Comment to let me know what you think!