i stay back, watching. what is she doing?

the girl ruffles her hair and takes a sip out of her drink. clay only nods his head and slightly smiles. the girl gently bites her lip as clay is talking and he points to a direction. before the girl can speak again, a few of her friends drag her away, cheering. clay lets out an exhale and i rush to him. "what was that..?" i ask him, and his head snaps to me. "what?" "what was that girl doing?" i ask him, jealously clear in my tone. "i- i don't know, she was just talking to me out of nowhere." clay explains and i nod, taking a sip of my burning drink.

"okay..." i say and trail off. clay leans down and kisses the top of my head. "don't be jealous, i can hear it." i scoff and look up at him. "i'm- i'm not jealous." i say, clearly not convincing him. "mhm." he says and i point to a bottle of alcohol at the kitchen. "you should drink you know." i tell him and clay shrugs. "not really a drinker." "i'm not one too and you see me holding... vodka and sprite," i tell him and he looks inside my drink.

"that's vodka and sprite?" "yeah. wanna try?" clay thinks for a second before nodding yes and reaching to the cup. i watch as he takes an unsure sip before he hands me the drink, his face completely calm. he swallows and i watch as his adam apple bobs. "it's a bit... sweet. it's okay." he finally says and i watch him with an awed expression.

clay looks at me, quizzically. "what?" "how did you- you just- wait... what?! how did you drink that so calmly?" i stammer, still in disbelief. clay laughs and glances away. "i don't know...? i just swallow normally?" i shake my head, taking a sip myself and i can't help my scrunched face. i'll get used to it... i hope.

clay stifles a laugh as he studies my face. when i finally swallow, i shake my head and sigh. "that- it's good but i've never tried this before." i give my opinion, and clay hums. we watch the rest of the party, dancing and chatting as the music blasts through our ears. as i'm close to finishing the drink, the effects of the alcohol start to appear and by the time i'm finished, i'm laughing at every little thing. i even ask poppy for one more, which i finish pretty quickly. clay is watching, keeping me from going crazy. 

the song that's been blasting changes, and i look at clay with a mischievous look. clay thinks for a sec, trying to remember what song it is. the house is filled with loud cheering and whoops. i set my cup down and i go closer to clay, who is looking at me a bit confused. "streets by doja cat." i tell him and he looks down at me in realization as the beat drops.

the lights in the house turn red at the same time and i can hear poppy's thrilled shouting. clay looks down at me, his eyes are beautifully bright. i stand on my toes and i drag my lips on his neck, feeling a surge of adrenaline and excitement shock me. i hear him let out a breath and i whisper. "didn't you say you were gonna ask me a question?"

the room seems numb and i cancel out all the other voices, keeping clay and i's and the music in the background. "wha- what?" "you texted me you had a question to ask," i murmur and softly kiss his neck, letting the alcohol take over me. 

"oh- about that..." clay mutters and i hear him sigh as i press harder. "about what?" "y/n... i can't ask you like this if you're drunk," he says and i pull away. his hands fly to my waist and he tries to pull me back as i cup his face with both of my hands. i look up at him, confusion in my face. "ask it."

clay pauses and he leans close to me, butterflies erupting. "are you sure?" he asks, low and i swallow nervously before nodding, smiling. clay looks into my eyes and he pulls us close, moving to my ear. 

"will you be my girlfriend?"

the words shock me, thoughts running wild as i try and process it. finally. he finally said it after all this time. the feeling inside me erupts and i laugh. that one moment where sapnap had asked clay about it comes rushing to me and it's like a dream came true (PUN NOT INTENDED LMAO). i nod yes multiple times and clay smiles, pressing his lips to mine. i kiss him back, passionately. clay presses in further, his tongue slipping inside my mouth.