You're dating Jaemin and you just moved, cue the Dreamies for help

Request: hii ! I saw you were taking requests and I was wondering if you could write something where you're dating jaemin and him and the rest of dream help you redecorate your room and build ikea furniture? overall just like lots of crack and fluff 🥺 sorry if it sounds so specific also hope you're staying well and healthy!

Answer: Hi there! Don't worry about it, the more specific the better! Also yes, I'm staying indoors and staying safe! I hope you're taking care of yourself too anon! Much love from Crys~ Let's start the request now, shall we?

Idol Dream AU / Non-Idol Reader AU

Genre: Fluff

TW: Dream's Building IKEA furniture

Word Count: 0.9K

~

"Hey! Na Jaemin! What's this?!" You march into your room, holding a ripped up paper in your hand but, as you should've expected, him and the other Dreamies were too busy arguing with one another to notice.

"Jeno, look, this piece obviously goes here," Mark holds a piece of wood and attaches it to another.

"It's no wonder why Johnny has to build everything in the 127 dorms," Jeno rolls his eyes. "Mark! That is the leg of the chair we haven't even started to build yet. We're still on the dresser!"

"Oh wait really?" Mark looks down at the mess of what you're guessing is supposed to be your white Malm six-drawer dresser and sighed.

"Maybe if you had the manual it would help," you spoke over their voices and dropped the ripped manual in front of Jaemin.

"IT CAME WITH A MANUAL?!" Chenle roared over the pile of boxes.

"Of course it came with a manual why do you think I asked you to help me check all the boxes?!" Jisung tossed another box aside.

"So, care to tell me how the manual ended up ripped and in the kitchen trashcan?" Your eyes immediately drifted to Jaemin, who just sent you a lopsided smile.

"It's just a suggestion pamphlet, that's all," Jaemin mutters.

"A SUGGESTION PAMPHLET. REALLY?" Renjun was next to get upset and he scrambled to put the manual together. "See, Jeno? I told you we had to attach the sides first and then we attach the smaller panels."

"Does it matter? It's still coming together," Jeno grabs the screwdriver and undoes his work anyways.

With that chaos out of the way, it would probably do well to explain what exactly was going on now, wouldn't it? You had just moved to your new apartment in Seoul. However, as much as your boyfriend Jaemin would have loved to move in with you, his idol duties came first and was being held against his will at the dorms, so instead he settled with helping you move in. You had the bright idea of going full Ikea themed, which seemed like a good idea at first when Jaemin said he'd ask his hyungs to help.

You see, when he said hyungs, you were thinking Johnny, Doyoung, and maybe even Yuta.

You had a feeling something was up when Mark walked in a loudly exclaimed "Yo! Let's build some furniture!"

And your worst fears were only confirmed when you sensed, no, not heard, sensed Haechan walking down your apartment hallway.

Which led you to now. With dozens of boxes piled in the corner of your bedroom, screws all over the floor, and plastic thrown haphazardly around the room.

"Today's going to be a long day," you mutter under your breath. Jaemin stands up from his spot and walks over to you.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Thing's are going just fine, don't worry, babe," he ushers you out of the room.

"Jaemin, I don't think so, it looks like you guys need some help."

"Nah! Don't worry about it, (Y/N), we've got this!" Mark gave you a not so convincing thumbs up and your worried expression only got larger.

"Tell you what, I'll meet you in the kitchen to help put things away as soon as we finish up the Songesand."

"Dude you can't even get the name right this is part of the Malm series!" Mark laughs.

"Do you just know Ikea furniture off the top of your head?" Chenle asks.

"Yes," Mark answers before picking up the chair leg again.

"Mark and I are gonna start building the desk chair," Jisung raises his hand.

"It is called a Loberget Blyskär, Jisung," Mark scoffs.

"Right, that thing," Jisung hauls a box over to the side. "Don't worry, (Y/N), by the time you and Jaemin come back your room will look better than the studio we copied it from."

"Right," you eyed them suspiciously and let Jaemin pull you to the kitchen. He picked up a box of silverware and plates from the floor and placed it on Lerhamn table.

"Sorry about the guys," he finally apologized, taking out the spoons and forks with soft clinks. "Johnny cancelled last minute because SM wanted him to film another JCC."

"Yeah, I figured," you grabbed the plates and started placing them in the cupboard. "Are they really okay doing my bedroom?"

"Would you rather them do the kitchen?"

"True, we wouldn't have any plates left to eat dinner on," you laugh.

"Did you put this table together by yourself?" Jaemin knocks on the wood.

"Yeah, why?"

"Maybe I shouldn't have called the other Dreamies, we would've been done by now," Jaemin laughs.

"Aww, don't be like that, they mean well," you jabbed his side softly. The sudden crash coming from your room prompted you and Jaemin to jump slightly, but it was the shout that came from Chenle that caused the both of you to run back. When you returned to your room you found the said boy trapped under a pile of wooden parts and, for some reason, Jisung sitting on top of it. Jeno and Renjun were too busy having an argument about how to fit the drawers in the dresser, and Mark and Haechan were silently building the chair.

"Should we help?" Jaemin looks to you.

"Nah, they've got it," you smile and gesture for him to follow you back to the kitchen.