Dad was a major military importance, he was one of the strongest if not the strongest men in the L.C.T.M., and something told me he wanted me to follow in his footsteps even if I was a girl. I never knew his information and harsh training would come in handy someday.

 Keeping in mind the lesson dad had taught me so many years ago, I study the monsters while trying not to be seen by the weird looking creatures that invaded our town. My conclusion was they were more force than strategy, their weakness was their necks. At least I think it is since it’s the part that is most heavily guarded by the armor they used. These reptile-looking creatures are simply walking around, glaring at the poor defenseless and fragile humans that banded together trying to find comfort. The bigger monster went in the castle, most likely to try to gain control of the castle town... I shivered at the thought of yet another monarch... human dying...

“No! Please don’t kill him! He didn’t know what he was saying!” I hear the shriek of a women, I turn to the direction of the scream and see one of those monsters holding a small child, a boy, by his neck and hissing at him.

“Let me go you over-sized lizard!” The boy screams struggling to break free of its grasp. “Leave us alone!” He orders.

Sighing, I grab my sword and silently climb down the rood as fast as I could. I walk up to the reptile frowning. “Excuse me, but I’ll have to ask you to let the boy go.” I tell it.

“Don’t butt in human.” The way it says ‘human’ sounds so insulting it takes all my will power to follow the plan and not attack it now. “If you know what’s good for you.” Its mouth curls up into an evil grin driving me mad.

“I don’t know what’s good for me, mind telling me.” I mentally face palm myself, I can come up with something WAY better than that... I think... The boy bites the thing causing it to through him powerfully to my direction, I brace for impact. I manage to catch the boy without causing him harm. I give him to his mother and smile at the thing. “Thank you and goodbye.” I grin... maybe, just maybe, they aren’t as smart as I had given them credit! I could use that against it! It growls at me, letting out a very excruciating oder that smells worse than ten dead animals in a damp mold-covered room inside a small compartment filled with sweaty sportswear.

“You are going nowhere!” It hisses. Randomly I snap-kick his neck armer on the screwed parts loosening it. The thing shrieks with horror, but seeing the armor didn’t get off, it launches an attack at me. So they are weak at their necks eh?

I dodge the attack and rebound it with another kick, a side kick. These creatures seem to be scarier than they are deadly. It lifts its sword and points it at me. Annoyed, I pick take out my own sword of its scabbard.

 At first I start blocking, but then I start attacking, I kick its stomach and then jab my sword on its neck-brace and it pops off, much to the thing's fears. "How dare you? You insulate human!" It instantly begins to turn blue, then I swing my sword at its neck and it fell... They breathe through their necks and the armor is not only used as a protector but also as an oxygen, or whatever gas they breathe, tank or maybe as a purifier... Quite advanced. 

An easy defeat, and hopefully one in many. I look at the little kid and he seems to be fine, that's a relief. "Don't talk to those things again kid." I say a bit harsher than intended. I breathe in and force a smile. “I bet your mom is pretty worried, you should go talk to her.” 

“Uh-huh...” He nods. “What’s your name?” He asks almost immediately.

“Jin, Allison Jin.” I turn my back on him and start running for the castle. I now took a closer look to inspect the town, I can’t simply go through... These reptiles are bound to stop me and it would be a step back...