𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

Start from the beginning

''It's okay.'' She murmured. ''I maybe don't understand it yet but I want to. And I hope you know this doesn't change a single thing.''

Remus knew perfectly well she was talking about him being a werewolf. Slowly they released from the hug, keeping their eyes on each other and never moving to far away. Remus eventually cast his eyes down on the ground and he slightly shook his head.

''I want to believe you, but this changes a lot. I'm a werewolf, Jass. I'm a monster and I can't control it-'' Remus let out in frustration.

''Hey, hey,'' Jasmine said calmly, making his ramble stop. She reached forward and grabbed his hands to hold in her own. She squeezed them lightly in hopes to send him some comfort.

''You're not a monster. You're Remus. Your transformations don't change the fact that most of the time you're still a nice, friendly and very hard-working student. You have friends that love you, you have me and I can't in no way see how that can change who you are. It certainly doesn't affect your personality.''

The entire time she spoke she was looking into his eyes, wishing to get through to him. Just how many times before he was able to convince her everything will be fine. Now she is supposed to be the courageous one and tell him to not back down from this. She couldn't bear it and she was certain it would hurt him too.

Remus's eyes were filled with sadness. ''I can hurt you, it's too dangerous-''

''It's really not.'' Jasmine cut him off again, having a feeling he's talking like a broken record player. Repeating one and the same thing over and over. ''You haven't hurt me until now, why would from now be any different? I promise I'm not going to come close to you on the full moon but let me help. I want to help you, Remus, I want to make sure your injuries heal fine, I want to make sure you'll feel better after the full moon.'' She said sincerely not moving her gaze away from his eyes.

She saw something flash in his eyes, but the spark just as quickly as it came died down as Remus still didn't want to believe her. He looked away not bearing to look at the hurt that was slowly seeping into Jasmine's eyes by the way he was reacting. He knew this was right, it hurt but it was right to distance himself from her. That way there was no possible way he could ever hurt her by tracking her down in his werewolf form, even if it meant hurting much more by letting her go.

He slowly released the hold he had on her hands as he started to take a step back. Jasmine realised his intentions and did the last thing she came up with before all her hopes would die and this wonderful thing would really be over.

''Remus.'' She said softly holding tighter on his hands and not letting him leave. He stopped mid-step and looked into her eyes, which then made him freeze completely. Jasmine lightly shook her head and couldn't believe herself what she was about to say. ''I like you.'' Her voice was calm and quiet like she was prepared to say that for a long time, even though she was freaking out on the inside.

''I like the way you smile, I like the way you always make me laugh, I like talking to you about everything, I like listening to you talk so passionately about books, I like the scars on you, I like the stories behind them, I like when we spend our time in the kitchens. I like you for you and being a werewolf is not going to change that, ever.''

After Jasmine was done she kept her glance lingering on him a little longer before she couldn't look at him anymore. She let out a small sigh and looked down to the ground, regret filling her instantly. She went too far and the lack of reaction from Remus only proved her right. But then something switched in her mind and she thought she never felt like that before. Her eyes moved back up to Remus with some kind of determination.

So what if she just confessed her feelings and the boy she confessed them to simply stared blankly back at her. She did this for a reason and she did feel like a weight was just lifted from her shoulders. She let go of Remus' hand making up her mind that this was it and she wanted to turn around and leave. That's when he stopped her.

Remus reached forward and took a hold of her face before he dipped down and pressed his lips to Jasmine's. Jasmine let out a small noise of surprise at the action before she visibly relaxed into his touch. Her hands flew up and she pressed them to his chest. Both would lie if they didn't think about kissing each other again after the first time, many times during this avoiding period. Jasmine pulled away slowly and had to blink a couple of times in order to clear her mind.

Her lips tugged up into a smile after she saw Remus smiling down at her too. Their positions haven't changed, they stayed glued to the spot, Jasmine's hands travelling up to connect behind his neck, while Remus still kept his own on her cheeks.

''Thank you.'' Remus let out quietly, eyes flickering across her face.

Jasmine ever so slightly furrowed her eyebrows as it wasn't what she expected to hear from him. ''What are you thanking me for?'' She whispered, unable to bring her actual voice.

Her heart was beating fast as they kept standing so close and she was constantly aware of the thumb that was caressing her cheek softly.

''I needed to hear that,'' Remus murmured, his eyes subconsciously travelling down to Jasmine's lips.

Jasmine noticed that and as a reaction, she bit her lip nervously. The situation was still quite unbelievable to her and she wanted to remember every moment of it. Then she smiled letting Remus know she understood what he meant by saying that. Remus leaned forward and pressed their foreheads together. Both of them closed their eyes simply enjoying this heartfelt and calm moment of mutual admiration. Jasmine didn't know how much time passed when Remus moved away.

''I like you too.'' He whispered almost inaudibly.

These four simple words sparked something in Jasmine as she never thought she'll hear them from him. She was sure she was blushing like mad in that moment and her initial reaction was to smile brightly. Then she slowly unravelled her hands from behind his neck and put some distance between them. The evening was from over and both of them knew that fact.

''You hungry?'' Jasmine asked and smile cheekily.

Remus chuckled and slightly shook his head. ''The words I so longed to hear.'' He joked putting one of his hands over his heart.

Jasmine extended her hand towards him with a laugh as she was silently inviting him to come with her. Remus slipped his hand into hers, intertwining their fingers together and thought how perfectly their hands fit together. She pulled him to her and started walking, never breaking the hold on their hands. Jasmine smiled the whole walk to the kitchens, thinking she could get used to this warm feeling inside her whenever Remus touched her.

It was only the start but she was already taken away by it completely. 

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹