Chapter 1

3rd POV Bretta

Bretta sat on her bed thinking about the knight who saved her. Where were they. She thought, swinging her legs at the foot of her bed while writing her story about her white savior. She put down the tablet she was using and decided to take a break from writing and go see Elderbug. "Hello Bretta." Elderbug said while waving. 

"Hi." Bretta said while taking a seat on the bench. They talked for a while (it was mostly Bretta gushing about her savior which she left unnamed) until Bretta got tired. Then she said goodbye and went to bed.

3rd POV Ghost

Ghost continued with their trek through Hallownest. They decided to stop in at dirtmouth to visit the townsfolk. They took the stag station and talked to Elderbug." The lovely young lass has returned to us!" Elderbug informed the knight as they rested on a bench.

" I must admit, I'd placed thin odds in her survival." "Seems to think very highly of her rescuer. some sort of dashing, warrior type. Barley stopped gushing since she got back." The warrior must of passed down below while I was taking my nap. Such a shame. I'd love to meet so impressive a bug." Elderbug remarked.

 "How interesting, maybe i'll find them in the crossroads." Ghost mumbled as they got up from the bench. "Bye Elderbug." In truth they weren't really listening to him. Ghost visited sly and Iselda then went off to continue their voyage through Hallownest.

3rd POV Bretta

Bretta sat up on her bed just awoken. She went out to the bench where Elderbug spoke to her. "Oh you just missed Ghost." Elderbug spoke to her. "What?"Bretta questioned. "Ghost!" Who's that?" Bretta asked confused.

 "Oh you haven't met them?" "They are a bug with a pale face curved horns and they speak quietly. In fact they just learned how to talk." Elderbug stated. That sounds like my savior. Bretta thought, dreamily. No it couldn't be. I should ask to make sure. Bretta decided. "What do you mean just learned how to talk?"

" Well it's more like getting used to talking, they been outside of Hallownest for a while now. " Elderbug continued. "They are quite small about as tall as this bench." "Sly is starting to think they may be the child of the pale king due to how pale they are." He mentioned adjusting his feet.

 "I don't think they are though."  "Do you know when they'll be back?" Bretta asked wishing that she could she see her rescuer." They visit often but I don't know when they'll visit again, I'll keep a lookout for you." "Thanks." She said as she went off to her house to continue writing her story.