The fairgrounds were only about 10 minutes away when walking, so most people were walking. There were many people on the sidewalks, and many cars in the road. All going to the same place. 

The two of them got to the fair and started walking around. This was the first fair they ever went to together, so, to say the least, they were excited. They walked up to a small stand that had big letters that read "RING TOSS! 10 THROWS FOR $10!".

"Oh! That's a scam! But I really  want that green bear." Clay said with his squinted eyes fixed on a bright green bear hanging from a clip.

"I will get it for you," Cage said as he handed the man at the stand a $10. After throwing more than half of the rings he finally threw one and it hooked onto a bottle in the back, "Yes!"

"The bear is MINE!" Clay yelled as he ripped the bear from the hands of the man at the stand.

-

1 : 00 p.m.
"Why?! Why would you do that?!" Cage giggled as he cleaned the powdered sugar, that Clay spilled on him from the funnel cake, off of himself.

"It-it was fun-funny! And it still- It still is!" The dirty blond boy was wheezing so hard he could barley talk or breathe. Before anymore words were exchanged Cage threw the rest of the white powder at his friend.

"NO! WHY ME?!" Clay faked cried as he wiped the powder off.

The two boys started wheezing and wiping their eyes before starting to explore more of the park.

-

2 : 45 p.m.
After a few more games, three funnel cakes, and about six rides later the boys realized it was time for them to start heading home. 

"I had so much fun!" The shorter boy, Cage, said as they walked out of the gates. 

"Well, that's good because I didn't," Cage snapped his head towards his friend with a big grin on his face, "I'm kidding!"

"Don't do that! You scared me !" Cage frowned as he shoved his friend.

-

3 : 00 p.m.
"We're home, and Clay's mom is coming to pick him up around 3:45," Cage smiled to him mom while his head was the only thing visible from the cracked open door. 

"Okay, honey," His mother smiled back.

"Why do you have to go home?" Cage groaned as he face planted on the bed next to his friend.

"I don't know," Clay frowned, "Can we just... run away together already?" 

The boys giggled at the question, but they knew it was never a serious question. They'd always talked about it, how easy it would be. To leave together, have no school, be friends forever. But they were 12 so it was obviously never going to happen.

-

3 : 45 p.m.
"My mom is here." Clay sighed as he put his shoes on. The boys were very upset as they walked to the car waiting in the driveway.

"Hello, Cage!" His friend's mom said as Clay got in the car.

"Hi! I got this for you today, from the fair," He said handing the women a small elephant wearing a hat.

"Aw~! Thank you very much!" She took the small toy. 

Cage retreated inside of his home as the car pulled out of the driveway.

-

This was the first fair the boys went to together, little did they know, it would also be the last.

For now.

hii !!! chapter five is doneee :) i decided to write it with
a different layout and such :) i hope this chapter isnt t o o
bad. im not 100% happy with it but itll do !!! i think it's a
cute flashback into their old friendship b4 everything unravels :0

 im not 100% happy with it but itll do !!! i think it's acute flashback into their old friendship b4 everything unravels :0